Looking for best paint job!

Just wanted to let ya'll know, sometimes you can find some really good paint in nice (and sometimes WILD) colors close to the mixing area. Paints that were "mis-tinted" and weren't sold. I've gotten Valspar, Beaur (sp?) Olympic all the good stuff for $10 and under. My hubby walks by the paint area everytime he's in one of those stores just to check out the "mis-tint" colors to see what I don't have. I could paint a rainbow with what I do have!!

I haven't reached the painting stage yet but my kids want bright, BRIGHT colors! This is coming from a teen who wants her room paint her room bright lime green on one wall and purple on another.
I'm in trouble!!!
hide.gif

I've been buying mistints since i moved to the country in 2000! Sometimes, I forget and leave them in the toolshed all winter. Then, the paint goes bad. Might want to move any unused cans indoors before the snow flies, IF the snow flies where you live.
old.gif

Cheep a'lil Talk a'lil :

OOooooo, I love all the pictures everyone! I'm a visual person!

Eggs-Actly, I love how you have your "pop" door. I think you have fix a problem I was having and couldn't work it out in my head.
ya.gif
I will have the pop door on a side of the coop that doesn't have much room for a down ramp. But I do the "proch" like you have and then have the ramp go down the side it should work out great. Now I don't have to have the door on the side where the wind would blast through it!
Thanks for posting your pictures!!

Glad to be of assistance. Good luck
smile.png

Quote:
I was going to start a thread when I first began to build this but I got attacked by a dog while out skateboarding with one of my dogs and I broke my hand. It was all I could do to continue building the coop and run with one hand. Funny thing I discovered - it's easier to build a coop with one hand than it is to type with one hand!
lol.png

The girls were getting big very quickly so I could not afford to let the coop and run wait until my hand was healed.

The egg-shaped windows were a last minute idea I came up with. They worked out nicely especially since the roosts are right there and I can look out my bedroom window and see the girls roosting. I hope ya'll don't think I'm a peeping tom now - spying on my girls from my bedroom
gig.gif

No humor is still good here.
lol.png

Although the dog attack was no laughing matter. My little girl (she's a 50 lb boxer named Grace) was hurt worse than I. But I digress - this is not my thread and I don't want to hi-jack it.

Any other painters out there? Let's see your painted coops! I know some of you were talking about painting murals on their coops - iside and out. I'd like to see them
smile.png

Mine is a tasteful dark stain with green trim on the outside, and even has little shutters.

The inside...buttery yellow walls and hot pink perches and nestboxes as soon as it's finished. I wanted it to look like a really girly teenager's bedroom, I have no idea why. I might even enlist someone to paint me pictures of rooster boy bands to tack up like posters.

Oh, and little purple wood cutouts of roosters on the walls.

Quote:
You and me both!!! I was bringing dinner to the table carrying two plates when my ankle rolled in on me and I fell down two little steps. Held onto the plates and didn't spill a thing! But I accomplished spraining my right ankle and left big toe. I'm just talented that way!
But the coop must go on! I'm just lucky that we put off the 4-H chickens so I don't have to rush now.

Edited out recycling comments, posted it in the wrong thread

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom