Looking for Bread Recipe: Honey and Milk

Quote:
I don't tend to change recipes..I'm afraid to screw them up.
lol.png
What is your recipe that you normally sell like? I love homemade bread...when I was little I could walk into a store and tell you if they were baking (ok I still do this), what they were baking, and where the bakery was. I always look for bread recipes to make, but I think this one will be made quite often...quite possibly today even.
I wish I could bake and sell the stuff. Living in Pennsylvania, we have a ton of stupid laws and I can't do it. I have to have a licensed kitchen and everything. I'm pretty sure we're not even supposed to have bake sales. I do work at my aunts' restaurant, I could always make it there I suppose.

I will probably enter this recipe in my county fair...last year I got 2nd place with Gump's bread. Let me know how you do with it when you sell it.

I'm oddly excited I found a recipe everyone likes.
big_smile.png

My best selling bread is Amish Wheat bread - I describe it as a "light wheat" bread with 1/3 whole wheat for the entire recipe.

Amish Wheat Bread - makes 4 one pound loaves

3/4 cup sugar (I use a lesser amount, 2/3 cup) or honey
3/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1 TB salt
3 cups warm water
2 TB instant yeast or 2 packages yeast
3/4 cup vegetable oil (I use 2/3 cup)
2 cups whole wheat flour
6 cups all-purpose unbleached flour

Mix sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm water. Stir well and add the yeast. Let sit 15 minutes to rise a bit, then add the oil. Mix well then add the flours. Knead by hand 10 minutes. Put in an oiled bowl, turning dough over so the oiled dough surface is on top. Cover with plastic, then a clean dish towel and let rise until doubled. Form into 4 loaves and let rise until the dough reaches the edge of the bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack at least 30 minutes before slicing. Freezes well.

Ooohhhhh Amish bread...anything Amish is yummy. I might have to try making that sometime.

I personally don't think there is any flavor change from using bread flour to all purpose flour. Bread flour might make the texture of the bread be a little more substantial and toothsome, but I hardly ever keep bread flour on hand anymore. It's just one more thing to buy and I am satisfied with my breads just using all purpose unbleached flour. JMO

Back
Top Bottom