LOOKING FOR DOG and HEN FRIENDLY HOME TO RENT IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA

TirzahMarie15

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I hope this is ok to post on here - I just desperately need some help and thought maybe reaching out to the BackYard Chickens community may help! I'm currently living in North Georgia, and have recently been hired in Jacksonville, Florida. I have four wonderful dogs, a couple cats, and my four dear hens - Daisy, Ember, Thelma, and Clara. Two are Tyson Chicken survivors after falling out of trucks, and the other two are rescues as well. My animal family is so important to me, but understandibly, I am having a very difficult time finding a home to rent that will allow them to come with me - especially my hens. I currently rent a home here in Georgia, and can supply pictures of my current home and a reference from my landlord. If anyone knows of an available rental home that would allow my animals to live with me, I would be ever so thankful. I keep a clean and orderly house, and take excellent care of my animals. Looking online has mostly brought me to realty companies who have very strict pet guidelines, so I thought maybe if I reached out to you guys, someone may have a connection to someone who has a nonposted home available for rent. Thank you so much for your time, and please feel free to email or call if anyone knows of anything!!!

~Tirzah

[email protected]
443-465-5269

When we relocated to another State, we had good luck finding a place via CraigsList.

We, too, needed a pet-friendly home and found an old farmhouse on 5 acres.

We had four dogs and 25 chickens.

Sometimes real estate agents have listings that are not selling and the owners are willing to rent.

You would do best to find a place outside of town or in a more rural location.

smile.png

I'm not much help..I'm in Utah, but I haven't heard the name Jacksonville in a looong time..lived there in my youth. Loved it, bet it has changed lots since the 60's!!

Thank you for the advice! I have been looking on craigslist quite a bit but no luck so far. I'm surprised how weird it seems to the people I've talked to about renting a house that I have four hens! I will keep looking for those rural areas - wish me luck! And if anyone knows of a place near that area please let me know! I really don't want to give my hens up - one is an older blind hen, and I don't feel like she'd be easy to place in home.

Jacksonville FL is a funny area. Some places you can have chickens, others you can't. Make sure you are zoned either rural residential or agricuture. Lots of the inner city parts of Jax will not allow you to have poultry. Some people sneak and have hens there but roos will give you away lol. I think it would be better to find something outside of the city of Jax. Middleburg is not too terribly far from Jax has lots of country type land and more is zoned for farm animals. There are smaller cities like Callahan and Dinsmore that you might find a place that would allow you to have chickens as well and wouldn't be too far of a drive into Jax.
When you are doing your craigslist search in the rental sections try putting in the word horses and usually where you can have horses you can have chickens and dogs or whatever lol.

Here is one in Mandarin but it is 950 per mo. I know some people in Mandarin have chickens and this has 2 acres and says cat and dog friendly so wouldn't hurt to ask.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/apa/2649575090.html

Here is another one that is cheaper but a mobile home not sure what you are looking for
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/apa/2671390719.html

Heres another not sure exactly where this one is you'd have to mapquest it.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/apa/2671473029.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom