Takeylla

Songster
Oct 8, 2018
USA, South Carolina
My boyfriend's parents have 3 hens and 1 has been broody for maybe a month or so now. They said I can get some eggs for her, and the types of eggs we're looking for is geese, guineas, chickens, pheasants, quail, or peafowl eggs that are hatching eggs for the broody mama. :)

If she has been broody for a month, may I suggest you also buy an incubator? There's a good chance she will have given up brooding by the time you get the chicks. Also, brooding hens lose a lot of weight. I wouldn't do it if it were my hen. I want her to start eating regularly.

If she has been broody for a month, may I suggest you also buy an incubator? There's a good chance she will have given up brooding by the time you get the chicks. Also, brooding hens lose a lot of weight. I wouldn't do it if it were my hen. I want her to start eating regularly.
They take her off the nest and make her stop sitting on eggs but she keeps staying broody

About a month or so.
Between integrating 3 sets of poults, a fox attack, having to keep them locked in the run for safety and my older hens all going broody, im low on eggs at the moment.
Should finally pick up soon if youre interested in fertile eggs.

Back
Top Bottom