Looking for fertilized eggs in Colorado.

Thank you for the very warm welcome and the advise. I am so excited to be part of this large community with a broad spectrum of knowledge and skills. I am certain I will be learning lots!

Many thinks. I feel a very warm welcome and lot's of support from you all. I hope I grow knowledgeable enough to return the favors one day.

Thank you! I miss N CA. We were there for ten years. Must be a wonderful place for a flock!

Are you having the temperature fluctuations we are? If so, how is your flock doing? It will be in the teens here tonight and 60 degrees on Wed!

I am headed to those links right now. So excited to discover breeds and neighboring chicken obsessed folks!

welcome to the flock- sounds like you have a happy batch of chickens
thumbsup.gif

Are you having the temperature fluctuations we are? If so, how is your flock doing? It will be in the teens here tonight and 60 degrees on Wed!
It's been a "warm" 40-45 degrees during the day, and will drop down to 13-16 degrees at night. My flock does pretty well, my rooster got very minor frostbite on his comb from the frigid temperatures we had in Novemeber and December. It's all healed up now and the whole flock comes out during the day while it's nice. It's been very sunny! At night, I do keep a red heat lamp in the coop to help keep them warmer and I have been getting an average of 3 eggs a day between 6 hens- not bad if you ask me!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom