Looking for good names for these silkie chicks

I love Sapphire for a name
Thank you, Gertrude. I might name one of my lighter blue silkies Sapphire. That is such a regal name.

It's hard to believe that the chicks in the above picture are almost 4 months old now. Two of them were sold because I was pretty sure they were boys. They were Shadow and Hazy Daze. They went to a nice home of someone who wanted to add blue silkies to their breeding program. They are very handsome fellas from the last picture I saw.

I still have the other 2 whom I'm 99% sure are pullets. (No eggs yet) I named the two "girls" Misty Blue and BB (like baby.) Here is a recent photo of the girls with a few other Blue/Black/Splash silkies I hatched a month later.

MistyBlue is on the bottom right and BB on the top left. They are dark blues....almost black.

You won't be disappointed with a silkie! They are so adorably cuddly and sweet. When I go out to their pen, they stand at (or on) my feet to wait for their turn to be picked up. They fall asleep in my hands or on my lap and just love being petted.
love.gif
In my opinion they are a great pet. I almost forget the bonus of eggs from them.

Sappire, Shadow, Blackie, Storm/Stormy, Dusty, Olive, Ebony, Pepper, Cobalt, Rocky, Misty, Midnight, Dusty, Dusk/Dusky, Cloud/Cloudy, Shady, Blue, Mocha, Soot/Sooty, Raven, Silkie, and Panther is what I can think of right now. I will add any thing else that i can come up with.

wow! They are beautiful! I'm getting a black or buff colored silkie pullet in August at the County Fair. I hope they have some pretty chickies!
I'm sooo sooo excited! :D :)

Can you by chicks/chickens straight from the fair? I heard that you can only look/hold the chickens there, but get in touch and order chickens from the breeders
jumpy.gif
, though I did have a hard time believing that, I mean, what is a chicken fair without chickens for sale!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom