Looking for live turkey chicks

lastchickenstanding

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Everyone seems to be sold out of live turkey chicks. Does anyone know where we can buy about 6 of them. We can pick up... we're in northern CA.
Thanks,
LCS

Most turkeys are at the end of the breeding season and fertility is getting low. I have shut mine down for the season too butI hope to be shipping by next spring, if you haven't found any by then and you are still interested. I will have Bourbon Reds, but mine are hatchery stock so you may get some Buffs as well. And I may do a cross of a couple Buff hens with a Royal Palm tom PM me if you want me to put you on my list.

Thank you. I was looking for this year because we just finished raising/processing some meat birds and were trying to decide if we leave the coop up or take down. We were hoping to raise them for Thanksgiving dinner this year. And we only have room for 4-6 birds.
Do you sell them in small quantities?

I have never shipped any before and I don't have and left for this year, But if you are interested in some for next year, if I am certified by then, I may be able to get you some then. I don't know how small of a min. order I will have, it will probaly depend on the time of year and weather, but you could order as few turkeys as you like and fill the rest of the order with chicks, that's what I did when I got mine from the hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom