Looking for my dream home - Blue Skying it at this point

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Those of you who know me, know that I'm a southerner who got stuck in michigan from a very young age. I spend an hour or so each week looking up houses and property in the southwest where my family lives. I found some in a state I've never lived before, but most of what I am looking for is in east to central texas. My bro is in Carelton, Sis is in Plano, Aun'ts in Dallas, Mom's in Waxachie, Grampa is the Houston area with my other aunt.......

[​IMG] Here's the link I've found so far that has me drooling [​IMG]

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Peacock-Rd_Estancia_NM_76016_1112511394

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Boyd [​IMG] I hope you get to live your dream............

3. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:Boyd, When it says the cabin is "rustic", does that mean there's no indoor plumbing?

Looks beautiful, though.
    [​IMG]

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I like the second one better.

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    As long as you're far from Central/SW Virginia, then I'm okay with you moving. [​IMG]

Did either of those listings have a house?

7. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'm more interested in the land surrounding it than any actual structure. My stepdad was a barber in the winter and a builder whenever there wasn't snow on the ground so I'm fairly competant with that stuff [​IMG] I've done a dozen or so house builds, and when I settle down, I am going to build something small and simple. A Large Kitchen, A large Bedroom for me and the wife, a fireplace for the winter, and a barn large enough to house my supplies as well as my small flock I'll maintain [​IMG]

I want to get some longhorns, that's what I want to do when I retire [​IMG] Unfortunately, last time I was looking at stuff down there, I was introduced to the mini cows [​IMG]

Those guys were cool, and if I am raising for meat, then I dunno.....

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    If you have so much family there, why not have your family help you look? Theres just so much you can see internet shopping. They only show you the good stuff, not the dump across the street, or the powerlines crossing the property, or the sinkhole in the back.

9. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:The advantage is, I get to go back to texas a couple of times a year. One property I've been stalking for over a year now, and in my last trip I made some phone calls to find out why it sat vacant for so long...... no well..... no septic, no phone or power close by, no sewer......... 5 miles of private road lol

I still like it though. My family asks me every chance I get when I am going to move home and the answer's always the same.. when my son is old enough [​IMG]

10. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I just love that second one but there's more acreage and I would have to go with the view of the mountains in the first one. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by