Looking for my dream home - Blue Skying it at this point

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Those of you who know me, know that I'm a southerner who got stuck in michigan from a very young age. I spend an hour or so each week looking up houses and property in the southwest where my family lives. I found some in a state I've never lived before, but most of what I am looking for is in east to central texas. My bro is in Carelton, Sis is in Plano, Aun'ts in Dallas, Mom's in Waxachie, Grampa is the Houston area with my other aunt.......

smile.png
Here's the link I've found so far that has me drooling
smile.png

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Peacock-Rd_Estancia_NM_76016_1112511394

I'm more interested in the land surrounding it than any actual structure. My stepdad was a barber in the winter and a builder whenever there wasn't snow on the ground so I'm fairly competant with that stuff
smile.png
I've done a dozen or so house builds, and when I settle down, I am going to build something small and simple. A Large Kitchen, A large Bedroom for me and the wife, a fireplace for the winter, and a barn large enough to house my supplies as well as my small flock I'll maintain
smile.png

I want to get some longhorns, that's what I want to do when I retire
smile.png
Unfortunately, last time I was looking at stuff down there, I was introduced to the mini cows
barnie.gif

Those guys were cool, and if I am raising for meat, then I dunno.....

If you have so much family there, why not have your family help you look? Theres just so much you can see internet shopping. They only show you the good stuff, not the dump across the street, or the powerlines crossing the property, or the sinkhole in the back.

Quote:
The advantage is, I get to go back to texas a couple of times a year. One property I've been stalking for over a year now, and in my last trip I made some phone calls to find out why it sat vacant for so long...... no well..... no septic, no phone or power close by, no sewer......... 5 miles of private road lol

I still like it though. My family asks me every chance I get when I am going to move home and the answer's always the same.. when my son is old enough
smile.png

I just love that second one but there's more acreage and I would have to go with the view of the mountains in the first one.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom