Looking for Silkie Chicks and/or show girls

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NewToFarming, Jun 26, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I was wondering if anyone has any silkies for sale that can ship or is located within a reasonable driving distance in central PA. I have looked at the hatcheries but they are not available until very late August/September. I would like to get them soon so they will be older and better able to tolerate the colder weather when it comes.

2. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    I have silkies. I have some adults and some chicks. Chicks are $10 each they are all within 1 month old. I also have some adults some roosters and hens. depending on what you want. I have 2 1 yr old white Hens $30 each. My birds are not hatchery birds. I also have An adult pair of 1 yr old Partridge silkies for $20. I also have a black silkie rooster for $5.
    I also have another black silkie Rooster for $10. I have a black silkie hen for $10 She got a little plucked. I also have a blue silkie hen for $10. She got burnt this winter under a heat lamp and her top hat looks a little rough.

You can message me if anything sounds good. Here is my website: www.reesepoultry.webs.com/

Thanks,
    Michelle

3. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Sent you a PM. Not sure if I should stick with the chicks or adults. I am new to chicks and currently have 22 3 1/2 week olds. No adults as of yet. It is a mix of EE, white & brown Leghorns, NN and a few unidentified ones.
    Let me know your thoughts.

4. trisha19

trisha19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    I am expecting a couple of silkie hatches over the next week. I have been hatching blue and splash for the most part.

5. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    That would be great. I see you are from PA which could work. Where are you exactly located? I am a little North of Harrisburg.

6. trisha19

trisha19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    Quote:I am in grassflat, about 45 min. from Penn State ( state college).

7. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    It looks like it will only be about a 2 1/2 hour drive so this could work for me. Can you let me know the details like price, date I could pick up, etc?

Thanks!!!!

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I have silkie youngsters available also if your interested. I have 4-5 that are 12-14 weeks old and have been living outside. Some are breeder quality and a couple are pet quality. I could meet you in Chambersburg, PA which is around 45 min from the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex. We are heading up to Carlisle/then to Lancaster tomorrow so maybe we could meet up somewhere if you wanted? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by