Looking for silkies

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hey! So im possibly looking for silkies, which im intrested in getting some. at the moment not looking for eggs (got rid of our old incubator) so just young chicks. Im in love with the splash/white but every single color is beautiful and would love to look if anyone has some for sale

🔵I most likely wont take a rooster, if their quiet and very friendly then i may

🔴I would like them in Connecticut, preferably not shipped.

🟣Beardeds are my favorites, and i would much much rather get a bearded then non-bearded, color wise i love the white, splash, and buff. But black blue paint etc is just as beautiful

id like them young to, if possible. Im not really picky on any of these things, just a friendly (bearded if possible) silkie to come pick up! Price range im willing to pay $15 or so for babies, but i can do more or less depending. (Looking for 1-3 at the moment)

If you're willing to wait till next spring (lol) I will have some white silkies, and possible Cuckoo silkies (barred rock x white silkie), which is a project I will be working on!

If you're willing to wait till next spring (lol) I will have some white silkies, and possible Cuckoo silkies (barred rock x white silkie), which is a project I will be working on!
Yes! Ill most likely still be looking til then. Id gladly pick up a cuckoo and white! I havent been able to find any cuckoos available in connecticut! :)

I live in Western MA, so right near the border of CT. Would you be able to pick up?

PM me later in the winter so I don't forget.
Also, how much are you looking for for the chickens? what age would you be willing to give them at? :) (Im looking for girls! But i understand silkies can be hard to sex so if you cant then thats fine.)

Also, how much are you looking for for the chickens? what age would you be willing to give them at? :) (Im looking for girls! But i understand silkies can be hard to sex so if you cant then thats fine.)
I have a silkie cockerel and a silkie hen that I'm planning to breed next spring. I will also try to add some barred rocks to the bunch, to achieve the desired color.
Once she lays enough eggs, I will put them under a broody and hatch them. No guarantee that they will be female, but I can give you 1-3 chicks for $13 each if they turn out to be white silkies, and $15 for any other color.

I have a silkie cockerel and a silkie hen that I'm planning to breed next spring. I will also try to add some barred rocks to the bunch, to achieve the desired color.
Once she lays enough eggs, I will put them under a broody and hatch them. No guarantee that they will be female, but I can give you 1-3 chicks for $13 each if they turn out to be white silkies, and $15 for any other color.
Sounds good! im looking for a white and cuckoo, maybe one more. It could depend. Im willing to pay that price. :) Thank you!

Sounds good! im looking for a white and cuckoo, maybe one more. It could depend. Im willing to pay that price. :) Thank you!
You're welcome.

As always, there is no guarantee that we will have chicks next Spring, or that some of them will be cuckoo colored. Plans could change, or sometimes things don't go according to plan.

But I will definitely let you know late winter. PM me later in the winter so I don't forget!

Good luck with your flock ❤️

You're welcome.

As always, there is no guarantee that we will have chicks next Spring, or that some of them will be cuckoo colored. Plans could change, or sometimes things don't go according to plan.

But I will definitely let you know late winter. PM me later in the winter so I don't forget!

Good luck with your flock ❤️
Of course, i understand :) I will be sure to dm you later on!

Back
Top Bottom