Looking for Silver Appleyard fertile eggs

SelfSufficientMe

Songster
Mar 17, 2022
Central Florida
Hi. I am looking to buy half a dozen Silver Appleyard hatching eggs. If anyone has some and is willing to ship, I’ll gladly buy them. I ship Welsh Harlequin eggs and would be happy to trade if interested. If you’ve never shipped eggs and are unsure of shipping costs, my freight costs have been between $11 and $18. Just depends on where you’re shipping from and to so please check just to be sure😄 Thank you!

Hi. I am looking to buy half a dozen Silver Appleyard hatching eggs. If anyone has some and is willing to ship, I’ll gladly buy them. I ship Welsh Harlequin eggs and would be happy to trade if interested. If you’ve never shipped eggs and are unsure of shipping costs, my freight costs have been between $11 and $18. Just depends on where you’re shipping from and to so please check just to be sure😄 Thank you!
I think there might be some great breeders in eBay! If you want I can give you some links if I can find some?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255957511830?hash=item3b9841ae96:g:wXkAAOSwESdj2spB&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8BgeWbnLeimbqE57xpne/u74+h1nUqgy+ZmqHabn7KHJBPbAm3L6m6Yn6QKLKg2EmxneztxshJCx/dxKDm4veTiAiCaShuVPyWTCfct+cZG+4J3BhoqMxonve4FVvizh2JT3OEu5jZzDNNWbBQ+AYY+vR9xq5+H9/JbSpwmwrgYSDnP11bJx1m6PvBHk2o6gzoUGGoM150Fun5ZT3DCNp6kTlrFLB4peWJBSwDZzNZfiukDMVNULOGtZjyrH9AxHcsbKIaKNk0d+OztccfeGBRQ1BFqN2R7IUW8D03x5Id2StdmtRDjC+jAVfbZPI6qKjg==|tkp:BFBMns3X2eBi

Now I know ther might be a breeder on here who would do selling or maybe even trading, however if you can't find someone to get eggs from there are lots of breeders who are selling on Ebay! Yes it is a little more pricey sometimes, however I'd still like you to see it as an option if you might not have known eBay sold eggs! I live in Italy and I wish I could get eggs shipped to me! If you do get eggs I'd love to join a hatch-a-long! If you'd end up making one!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255957511830?hash=item3b9841ae96:g:wXkAAOSwESdj2spB&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8BgeWbnLeimbqE57xpne/u74+h1nUqgy+ZmqHabn7KHJBPbAm3L6m6Yn6QKLKg2EmxneztxshJCx/dxKDm4veTiAiCaShuVPyWTCfct+cZG+4J3BhoqMxonve4FVvizh2JT3OEu5jZzDNNWbBQ+AYY+vR9xq5+H9/JbSpwmwrgYSDnP11bJx1m6PvBHk2o6gzoUGGoM150Fun5ZT3DCNp6kTlrFLB4peWJBSwDZzNZfiukDMVNULOGtZjyrH9AxHcsbKIaKNk0d+OztccfeGBRQ1BFqN2R7IUW8D03x5Id2StdmtRDjC+jAVfbZPI6qKjg==|tkp:BFBMns3X2eBi

Now I know ther might be a breeder on here who would do selling or maybe even trading, however if you can't find someone to get eggs from there are lots of breeders who are selling on Ebay! Yes it is a little more pricey sometimes, however I'd still like you to see it as an option if you might not have known eBay sold eggs! I live in Italy and I wish I could get eggs shipped to me! If you do get eggs I'd love to join a hatch-a-long! If you'd end up making one!
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I will take a look on eBay. I wish I done a hatch along with this batch that I am hatching right now. They’re Welsh Harlequins. It’s not looking good and with it being my first incubation I probably should’ve sought help.

I checked my eggs again this morning, and I had one that was internally pipped, but it had passed away. When I checked before bed last night, I noticed that it had pipped and was hoping that it would make progress overnight. I wouldn’t have checked them at this point, but they are on day 32 going on 33. I don’t really have a whole lot of hope for the ones that are left but there is movement in some of the others so I left them. One in particular it was moving around a lot, so I’m hoping when I get home this evening it will have made progress.

I didn’t realize until late in the incubation process that the temperature is not accurate on the incubator display. I assumed the entire time that it was 98.5. When I put my thermometer in there it’s showing 95°. This is a thermometer that I have sitting on my counter at home so I know it’s fairly accurate because it usually reads what my thermostat reads. I will be investing in a good thermometer. I’m also unsure what humidity was during incubation, but I know it had to been fairly good because my house was at 55%. I was adding water to the incubator. Air cells looked good. Right now the humidity is ranging between 65 and 70% now that I have the monitor in the unit. The actual incubator doesn’t have a gauge for humidity.

I may need to just purchase a decent incubator. This one was a good deal and I wanted to take a try at hatching. It’s heartbreaking when you see that they don’t make it and it’s your fault.

Last edited:
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I will take a look on eBay. I wish I done a hatch along with this batch that I am hatching right now. They’re Welsh Harlequins. It’s not looking good and with it being my first incubation I probably should’ve sought help.

I checked my eggs again this morning, and I had one that was internally pipped, but it had passed away. When I checked before bed last night, I noticed that it had pipped and was hoping that it would make progress overnight. I wouldn’t have checked them at this point, but they are on day 32 going on 33. I don’t really have a whole lot of hope for the ones that are left but there is movement in some of the others so I left them. One in particular it was moving around a lot, so I’m hoping when I get home this evening it will have made progress.

I didn’t realize until late in the incubation process that the temperature is not accurate on the incubator display. I assumed the entire time that it was 98.5. When I put my thermometer in there it’s showing 95°. This is a thermometer that I have sitting on my counter at home so I know it’s fairly accurate because it usually reads what my thermostat reads. I will be investing in a good thermometer. I’m also unsure what humidity was during incubation, but I know it had to been fairly good because my house was at 55%. I was adding water to the incubator. Air cells looked good. Right now the humidity is ranging between 65 and 70% now that I have the monitor in the unit. The actual incubator doesn’t have a gauge for humidity.

I may need to just purchase a decent incubator. This one was a good deal and I wanted to take a try at hatching. It’s heartbreaking when you see that they don’t make it and it’s your fault.
I'm so sorry that your hatch didn't go well! I as well got a cheap incubator and it also gave me some really bad hatches. Like 20% of all eggs made it to lockdown and only about 3-5 of those eggs would hatch. I'm actually planning on either getting a really good Italian brand or a nature right 360 incubator. Again I'm sorry about your hatch, I hate the feeling of failing a hatch because I did something wrong :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I'm so sorry that your hatch didn't go well! I as well got a cheap incubator and it also gave me some really bad hatches. Like 20% of all eggs made it to lockdown and only about 3-5 of those eggs would hatch. I'm actually planning on either getting a really good Italian brand or a nature right 360 incubator. Again I'm sorry about your hatch, I hate the feeling of failing a hatch because I did something wrong :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I’m going to start shopping around😄 I’ve posted on the duck forum with an appropriate titled thread for this hatch. Thank you for your support!

Back
Top Bottom