Looking for the best iced tea recipe

Crusty McPottydoodle

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 14, 2009
The Wet Coast
The weather has finally turned hot, I am feeling too cheap (and lazy) to buy juice or pop, the beer isn't ready to drink yet and I hate water, so I figure that iced tea is the way to go. I drink hot tea by the barrel load all year, so there are always teabags in the house and there is always lemon juice in the fridge.

So, I am looking for the best iced tea recipe available. To clarify, I want sweet tea - I learned this the hard way on my one trip south to Georgia and South Carolina.

I did a very quick search here on BYC and didn't really come up with anything. I could do a google search, but those recipes can be so hit and miss.

Cheryl

get 10 tea bags and about 1/2 gallon of water and bring to a boil remove tea bags pour tea in a gallon picher fill rest of the way with water add 2 cups of sugar or sugar sub. add 1 pack of kool-aid lemon aid stir chill serve over ice and slice of lemon. if kool-aid is not used you can take the juice of 3 lemons and do the same thing. It is wonderful I promise.

I love sweet tea. I used to make it but I have been buying the Arizon sweet tea. Its so good ice cold.
droolin.gif

Ahhhh, iced tea, it's a staple in my house and I always have a gallon in my fridge!
big_smile.png

Get one of those glass gallon jars and put about 4 regular tea bags in it (I like Luzianne) and put it in the sun all day then chill overnight. Yummy sun tea! I prefer it unsweetened, but my parents always added about 3/4 cup sugar per gallon.

If you're really, really lazy. Lipton makes a cold brew tea bag that tastes pretty good. Just put 2 large or 4 small in a gallon pitcher of cold water and steep in the fridge overnight. Stir it up in the morning.

I use an iced tea maker by Westbend, but Mr. Coffee makes a version of iced tea maker, too. It's my favorite way because it's always consistant and ready to drink as soon as it's done.

I don't like boiling because it's really easy to overboil and make it too strong.
hmm.png

Sweetea

1/2 gal filtered water, room temperature
5 regular sized Lipton tea bags
11/2 cups white granulated sugar
Ice

Put the water in your tea container, tie the tea bags together and get them saturated in the water. Screw on the lid and wait three to four hours on a warm day (no need for sun). Remove tea bags and add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve in a very tall iced glass with ice cubes. Ahhh.

Got the whole family hooked on Green Ice tea. I boil the water in my dutch oven and add 10 green teas bags let it steep and cool slightly Then I add one cup of suagr and mix in lemon juice and lime juice I pour it into a gallon jug and fill the rest of the way with cool water. Shake and chill. It tastes as good as Lipton Green tea and not nearly as expensive. I have been making two gallons at a time as the grandkids love it.

I boil 1 cup of water with 7 tea bags in it. Then put it in a gallon pitcher, fill with plain water till pitcher if full,then add 3/4 -1 cup sugar, perfect every time!
The best tea I ever drank was at Disney, it was so, so good! I drank the unsweetened and put Splenda in it! I tried to find out what brand they use but never did find out!

Back
Top Bottom