ForTheLoveOfFarming

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2018
Newberry, SC
Have camera - will travel!

I'm looking for a nice looking coop or area where your chickens are free ranging and friendly enough to be in photos with me, my husband, and my son.

Here is my idea - we want to announce our pregnancy with a picture of us with chickens and we are going to hold up glued-together eggs reading, "Eggspecting."

Do you have a nice area with friendly chickens? We would love to come use your area to snap a photo! We live in South Carolina but will be traveling to Maine, Hawaii, and Florida this spring and summer anyway so if you live near SC or in ME, HI, or FL we want to come to you!

(We don't have a nice area to do this and our chickens aren't tame enough or we would just do it at home.)

I live in SC. My coop I, at least, would consider nice. The area around it it "au natural". And while none of my birds are "lap friendly" they are friendly in that they will gather around you (especially if they think you bring treats ;) ) and a couple will let you pick them up and hold them. I do not have a rooster though, if you're looking to include one.

Pictures of my coop can be seen on "My Coop" page.
<---

Well... What's good looking to you, might not be what I or someone else thinks is good looking.

Look through the many designs and styles of coops, and pick the things that YOU think look good, and incorporate those into the coop of your and your chickens dreams.

They are looking for a photo shoot. Stop telling them to go look at the coops page for ideas. Read their post and not just the title of the thread.

Looks like we thus far have about a 50/50 success rate with reading the original post.

Sorry.. I stand by my post.. a "photo Shoot" is the same as looking at multiple threads of different coops to get ideas of what YOU like.

The only difference is taking the time to LOOK through the threads opposed to starting a new thread hoping to get others to do the looking for you.

Again, what looks good to you, might not look good to me, so asking people to post pics of coops that "look good" might not be the best option.

And yes, I did read the post.

Sorry.. I stand by my post.. a "photo Shoot" is the same as looking at multiple threads of different coops to get ideas of what YOU like.

The only difference is taking the time to LOOK through the threads opposed to starting a new thread hoping to get others to do the looking for you.

Again, what looks good to you, might not look good to me, so asking people to post pics of coops that "look good" might not be the best option.

And yes, I did read the post.

Yeah, no worries. Wasn't trying to make a big fuss. Just figured I would comment to get it back on the straight and narrow.

Thank y'all so much for the suggestions! I've taken everyone's advice into consideration and y'all have helped me come up with an answer!
I enjoyed reading through and admiring many others' chicken coops via the links that were suggested and was considering messaging my favorite to ask if I could come there to use their area for our photo..when... I realized a few things..
1. Mine aint to shabby!
2. It would be way more personal to use my own freakin' chickens!
3. I don't HAVE to use the inside of my coop! I saw a lot of chicken coops that didn't even appear to look like "chicken coops" anyway, more like miniature houses or fancy barns and I came up with a grand plan to utilize an area of my yard (not where my chicken coop is) and lure them there with food...lots off yummy food (Thanks FlyWheel!) to this particular area, set up my tripod and photograph them there and then we will have our portrait made in the same spot and I will merge the chickens into the image of us. I may have to sacrifice my yard for the day which will mean they will tear up all my flower beds, but it will be well worth it!
I will update y'all in several months when we have done the photo so y'all can see the results!

Back
Top Bottom