Lookit! Look what Amosunknown built! And its in action too!! WHEEE!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicken Fruit, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I am the coolest person I know. Its okay for you to think so too. I wont tell anyone [​IMG]
    I also just learned how to post actual images in my posts... go me!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres all sorts of ridiculous things stacked around it, I need to make a skirt of wire for it for when the ground is uneven, so nothing can get in, and since the babies are still so little- out. Theres chickenwire all around the bottom, obviously, but under the bottom frame of wood critters might get in if theyre unattended.

yay! Go me!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
  2. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Very good use of recycled materials. I am always looking for ways to reuse materials and keep the cost of my chicken habit under control. Great work I am sure your flcok will love their new space.

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Oh, man. I can't wait to get mine outside, too! That looks neat. [​IMG]

Next plan of action.....they grow so fast you will be building one 3 times that size and then....6 times that size![​IMG]

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I know, they do grow fast!

They actually have a coop, the tractor was a started project abandoned when we ended up with more than we expected- thus the coop... but this works GREAT for the chicks!

5. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    That looks great! I love to see habitats built using recycled materials. The youngins look happy in their new crib. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by