looks like I am going to be a grandma

Quote:
I am so excited for you.

I saw my daughter today.She looks further along . I think she may be due in October. she has already had to buy bigger pants. Her co workers gave her all of their maternity scrubs and Her Boyfriends aunt gave her some maternity clothes. my neice is due sept 24 and my daughter's belly isn't that far behind in size. I am letting her help with some of the babyshower plans. I want her to have a shower that she will love.

Daughter goes to the doctor in the morning. I called the doctor to make the apointment for her and the nurse says the doctor will decide tomorrow weather he will take her. but she was spotting a little today so he called an hour after I called and said to have her there at 9:30 in the morning. she called me to day and said momma I think there is more than one baby in there. she just bought a new shirt friday .I saw her in it saturday and today it doesn't fit. she was going thru her closet trying to find some bigger clothes that she can wear. her boyfreinds aunt gave her maternity clothes. I told her she may have to star wearing them..lol

Congrate! I am not a grandma yet have a 19 myself thought... and I am looking forward to the day we get to have Grand babies-

and like everyone has already said- be very careful how you react because..my inlaw said WHAT THE H*** when we told them the first time and we were 22 and 24 and married then but it was not part of their plan to be grandparents yet and 3 girls and 21 years later I still can hear them saying it...

again Congratulation!

Enjoy....

Donna B

pop.gif

she went to the doctor today. her due date is either oct 27 or nov 27. she had a regular cycle in jan and a shortr cycle in feb, doc says her uterus is like she is onlt 2 months along. we will find out when they do a ultra sound in a few months. she was spotting yesterday and she told the doctor. she cant have relations for at least a month. for risk of a miscarraige,
I am over the shock and really excited now

Last edited:
thank you. I told dh I want to take her to sneak a peek and get her a an ultrasound. I don't want to have to wait until she is 22 weeks fior an ultrasound. she is anywhere from 8 to 13 weeks pregnant. I got to go in the doctors visit with her. she wanted her mommy there. she told babys daddy he couldn't be in the delivery room with her. because he went and saw DH in icu and about passed out. he had to leave and go sit down. but I get to be in the delivery room. woohoo. for once I will be in there and I am not the one having the baby.. I can't wait. we already bought two baby outfits. One for a boy and one for a girl..lol

here in the UK we get an ultrasound at 12 weeks, just to check things are proceeding normally. At that point they'll be able to give you a date too, so she'll know how far along she is.

too soon to see what sex the baby is, but you can see heartbeat and stuff.

I was told nothing was to enter me down there for a month AFTER the bleeding stopped, so to be on the safe side I'd take that as a guideline

Last edited:
Your daughter sounds like a mature, responsible young woman. I have seen 30 yr old women who were not as responsible and had no business having a baby. Your daughter and her baby will be just fine. Congrats Grandma!

As far as the ultrasound goes, why are they not doing one now to determine a due date? I have never heard of a doctor saying "you might be due in Oct or you might be due in Nov". An ultrasound will give her a due date. She might want to ask the Dr if she can have one now or find another Dr.

Back
Top Bottom