LOOKY!!!! Meet Dingo!!!!!! He needs a new forever home!!!!

peepsnbunnies

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Central Florida
Hi my Backyard Peep Friends!
Meet Dingo! Unfortunately I must part with Dingo, this is not what I want to do, but what I must do to keep peace in my household. Dingo came to me from my son, who impulsively took this 'free dog' but quickly found this dog was terribly unhappy in his apartment, so he brought him to me. I immediately fell in love with Dingo. His previous owners said he is a shepherd mix, they did not know what he was mixed with and said he is approx 2yrs old. He has a wonderful personality and is very outgoing, but at the same time he is calm natured and gentle. He is very handsome - as you can see in his pics.

He is a GOOD dog! He gets along extremely well with other dogs and all the animals I have introduced him to - so far that includes - other dogs, my cat, doves, finches, chickens, quail (even babies who peep alot and run around), pheasants and a very large african sulcata tortoise. He has not shown any aggression towards these animals and some of the chickens run loose for part of the day and he does not pay any attention to them. He has been gentle with our elderly dog and even encourages her to play and is always the submissive to her. She now goes to him and initiates play! Dingo loves to be touched and loved on a lot! He is a very loving dog and is very sensitive when you scold him. He is housebroken (according to his previous owners, they said he was an indoor/outdoor dog), but I have not had him in my house. He LOVES car rides and is a good traveler. I take him with me to take my handicapped sister to work - he LOVES my sister and is not intimidated by her wheelchair or that she moves differently and sits on the floor at times. He loves kids too and is not intimidated or nervous around them. As I mentioned, he is a calm dog, but greets you with enthusiasm, but does NOT jump on you or other people. I took him to our Humane Society for shots, heartworm check and he weighs 50lbs. He is heartworm negative and is on the preventative, has had vaccines and is on flea preventative. I was going to have him neutered until husband said no and gave me a week to place him, or he would take him to the pound
sad.png
. This is why I am trying so hard to place him where he can have a chance. Dingo has an issue with staying inside our yard. He jumps our wood privacy fence and roams around. It may be a claustrophobia problem as he gets upset if he is closed in our garage too, but does fine on the screened in front porch and does not attempt escape there. I do not know how to correct the escaping behavior. This is the major 'bone of contention' with hubby - the escaping. He may do better in a yard with chain link fence where he could see out, or in a farm/ranch environment where he has plenty of space.

I have called multiple shelters/rescues and they are full, and one said he was not 'flashy' enough and would not be adoptable, so they did not want him. It is a shame that shelters have to be more concerned with how they look instead of their wonderful personality. I understand their reasoning, but it is sad.

I hate having to rehome Dingo, as in the short time that I have had him, we have really bonded, and I LOVE him! This is heartbreaking for me, I don't take owning a dog lightly and feel it is a commitment. This time I have no choice and am trying to do the best for Dingo. He is a wonderful dog with a fantastic personality and has a lot going for him and a lot to offer. He has SO MANY wonderful qualities! I am in Central Florida and may be able to help with transportation to you.

1196_dsc_0056.jpg

1196_dsc_0051.jpg

Last edited:
I truly wish I wasn't so dang far from you, since I'd take him in a flash, we have 20 acres of land to enjoy (on a lead of course). I hope you can find a willing no kill shelter, or a loving person to take him.

Thanks Stacy! I wish you were closer too! We would be headed your way!! I am keeping my fingers crossed though for a good, loving home for him!

Please let us know if he does find a forever home! I know I keep coming back and forth looking at this thread and agonizing. He sounds like the world's perfect dog. Especially with him being comfortable around wheelchairs, since I've always wanted to train a therapy dog and have access to a therapy dog training center. And a great rescue who does excellent spays/neuters for the public. Aug, why is Florida like a million miles away?!

Hi Stacey! Sorry it took so long to get back to you - we just had a terrible storm!
I think you and I are on the same wave length! That was my first thought because of his calmness and sweet nature. I actually called a Therapy Dog place and they did not call back until a few days ago. They are located in Jacksonville, almost 5hrs from where I am. They said they would look at him if I brought him. Hubby not too keen on 10hr trip if it did not work out.

I just know he would be great as a Therapy Dog!

Wow! You sure are waaaaay up north!! I sure would love to bring him to you, that would be a heck of a 'road trip'!

Hi Lisa!!! Your Dingo is a real sweetheart!!! I sure wish I could take him. Long time no hear??? I will ask Roy and see what he thinks, but he may not be so excited, if you know what I mean?
idunno.gif

Hey Barbara! I has been a long time! Hope all the kids are doing good. Dingo is a REALLY good boy, I wish he could stay with me.
sad.png
I am just having a real hard time with this!!

Neutering him would probably help a lot with his wanting to escape and visit around. A lot of that issue can be caused by hormones, especially this time of year and if females around the neighborhood are not spayed and are in heat. Typical intact male behavior is to go find those girls!
He sounds like a dream dog! His pics are precious! Good luck and I sure hope you find him an awesome home!

Bumping to see if it helps find him a home

Come on

Someone just look at that face and give him a forever home

Back
Top Bottom