LOS ANGELES county CA under bird quarantine :(

Pics
From what I read on the site it appears that way because it says none of those birds can be purchased until the outbreak is cleared it said about 120 days after euthanasia
Please tell us how the process goes as far as getting rid of your birds. And I don't think it would be wise to call in and report your chickens, not only will your chickens get confiscated but so will your neighbors's........ and if they find out it was you, well, you don't want angry neighbors.

This is the notice dated yesterday:

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/pdfs/VND_RegionalQuarantine_1.pdf
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 1.08.37 PM.png

Thanks @Shamo Hybrid for realizing the gravity for some folks who aren’t ready for humor.

I noticed the ban includes eggs, can the virus be passed through hatching eggs?
It can be passed ON the eggs.
On shoes, on clothes, on tires.

The majority of those on the table are "Backyard exhibition chickens", which is distinct from "Backyard/non-commerical egg laying chickens." What is a backyard exhibition chicken? Is this a euphemism for game/cock fighting birds? Are there that many backyard breeding chickens for showing, rather than eggs? If they really are birds for exhibiting, it would explain, perhaps, why this spread so quickly.

The majority of those on the table are "Backyard exhibition chickens", which is distinct from "Backyard/non-commerical egg laying chickens." What is a backyard exhibition chicken? Is this a euphemism for game/cock fighting birds? Are there that many backyard breeding chickens for showing, rather than eggs? If they really are birds for exhibiting, it would explain, perhaps, why this spread so quickly.
Backyard exhibition just means people like us.
Not a commercial place.

Back
Top Bottom