LOS ANGELES county CA under bird quarantine :(

Pics
I thought the phrase "Backyard/non-commerical egg laying chickens" described people like us -- or me at least, as I don't exhibit my birds.
Bear with me here I'm trying to figure out how to say this.
The National Poultry Improvement Program doesn't care if you have a flock in your backyard d that you show at shows or not. It (that program) still categorizes them, us that have regular egg layer vs people who actually show, the same.
They care about keeping count/separate commercial breeders/large scale vs. us and or people that show.

This isn't the answer you are asking for but give me time. I'll find it.

Bear with me here I'm trying to figure out how to say this.
The National Poultry Improvement Program doesn't care if you have a flock in your backyard d that you show at shows or not. It (that program) still categorizes them, us that have regular egg layer vs people who actually show, the same.
They care about keeping count/separate commercial breeders/large scale vs. us and or people that show.

This isn't the answer you are asking for but give me time. I'll find it.
Thanks, appreciate it. It's not important at the end of the day, but I was just curious. It seem really weird to have a category for "backyard exhibition" and then another category for "backyard non-commercial egg layers". And then there are "hobby turkeys" but no "hobby chickens."

Kikis right...a lot of people asked CDFA about this at the beginning of the outbreak. It means anyone who keeps chickens that is is not what they consider a commercial operation. "Exhibition" I have no idea how or why they came up with that, it's misleading in a way you just stated.
The other category is commercial flocks. Meaning very large operations that sell chicken meat or eggs on a large scale.
Maybe the other terms are a data entry error or they decided to change their vernacular, not sure.

@Kelliejanine I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your story is my worst nightmare. I am not in the euthanize zone but I'm in the quarantine zone. I live on the San Fernando Valley and I am scared it may come up because of people that are moving chickens. My chickens got me over the loss of my dogs. I would not know what to do if they go. Sorry I've become a worrywart with this whole issue.

Back
Top Bottom