LOS ANGELES county CA under bird quarantine :(

Pics
Thanks! I hope this helps more people learn and take protective/preventative measures.
Everyone should print a nice, simple, easy to read flyer and hang it at your local feed store...right by the chicken stuff.

Ahahaha...you said "local paper," thats the Mercury News, a major metropolitan newspaper.
Nice job! You got your quote for Kiki in there!
Hopefully they will keep following it so we can get any updates. The reporter didnt seem to include any comments from the state. I would have liked to have seen a validation from the state vet that there is only ONE documented case and what the state is doing to combat this. Vs talking to a poultry expert from Davis.

For those making phone calls today, ask them what they are doing about the upcoming exotic bird shows:
http://exoticbirdmart.com/upcoming-shows/

Banning parrots and pigeons and carrying on with business as usual. An incredibly irresponsible decision.
20190314_224602.jpg
20190314_224621.jpg

I called the Modesto branch of the CDFA. The rep says it has been confirmed that the Redwood City bird is the Tracy bird. She said the infected bird was moved from SCAL. I said there are news stories out that said its a whole flock in Tracy that was infected (I inferred it from the HMB story, the guy could have meant the SCAL flock of chickens this bird came from had all died) and she said that was not true, this is developing to be an isolated incident.
The scary thing is the only way they found out about this guy is he showed up at a vet in Redwood City. Will be interesting to find out if this Tracy bird was a gamecock.
She said this is all being actively investigated. She said to watch the CFDA alert page for updates. I think they should warn people in Tracy though. Local Tracy newspaper hasnt picked up on anything yet. Maybe they dont want to alarm people if there isnt anything to be alarmed about (people will move their chickens). This incident could have happened a week or more ago.

THANK YOU!

Ok, friends, need a little help/guidance here. In an effort to help others, the local (paper) news wants to ask me some questions about what precautions I’m taking to protect my birds. I don’t want to contribute to hysteria and misinformation, but I think spreading the word might be a good idea. Thoughts on the subject (news article) and what to say?
Take it off the CFDA website

Back
Top Bottom