Losing My Job

I have to warn you, no good will come of "confronting" your boyfriend about why he's with you. Obviously he wants to be with you, that should be good enough for you and you probably need to realize that your desire to question him about it stems from your insecurity. When you question him and he tells you that he is with you because he loves you, etc, you are reassured.

My advice to you in regards to your low self esteem and lack of confidence with your boyfriend and others? Fake it till you make it. Even if you feel awkward, not good enough, etc., you need to act like you feel the opposite and soon you will begin to feel the way you have been "acting".
I certainly AGREE with this one!

I was on depression meds, but I stopped taking them when I had to take vicodin for the surgery. As soon as school lets out, I will see a therapist. It's just been difficult, stress added to stress added to stress.

He and I did have a talk and I feel better about things.

Most of the teachers at school have been very supportive of me, and it is hard to think that I'll be leaving. Our district luckily does not have a lot of petty bickering and clique-ishness that other districts seem to have. One of the main things causing my mood swings is the depression that I'll have leaving the district and the relaxation of taking some time off. This weekend I spent time with my new goats, riding and helping the 4-H group clean the fairgrounds. Physical work is always good therapy for me and I'm ina better mood the last 2 days than I have been previously. Here's to hpong that they last.

Last day is tomorrow, Monday, the teacher workday.

Just got a call from a teacher in our district who is retiring. BTW, in spite of 35 years of teaching and being an often requested teacher by parents, he was rated as "minimally effective" which he (and and other staff members) didn't think was fair. He also invited me to church with him and his wife, which is nice of them but I'm getting a little tired of people suggesting religion for every problem that I come across.

He also wants some tutoring in Spanish and wanted to know what I would charge. So ... what would you charge to a colleague for tutoring?

I'll share my own experience. If it is of help to you or others, then great. If not, then, well, these are just ramblings.

I haven't had the same experiences that you have, but I've been down before...way down. Health, marriage, job, home, the whole kit and caboodle. That's tough for me, as it is for many folk.

I'm a "fixer" by nature, by which I mean that when something isn't the way I want it to be or I think it should be, I go around trying to find the magic person, posession or event that will make everything better....right away. It took a few trips around the block for me to realize that I just don't have the power to "fix" most situations. At first, this realization had me feeling like I was lower than whale poop and that the world was out to get me...so I felt powerless. I was a person of extremes.

I took little baby steps, each time trying to point myself in what I believed to be a good direction. Sometimes these first steps came as a result of a suggestion or advice, sometimes they were my own idea. Not all of them worked out, but I kept taking those little steps. After a while, I realized that I could look back and see where I had started and where I was now. Over time that starting point was farther and farther away. I can still see it from where I'm at, and always will, but that starting point was the beginning of the journey. Bit by bit, sometimes quickly and sometimes at a snail's pace, things have gotten better.

Is my life all puppies and unicorns? Nope. But, it is immesnsely better than it was. It took time, and time takes time.

I hope the best for you.

Mourning for the loss of the job?

That's OK, we are entitled to it! Takes a bit of time to understand the loss but it will be a new beginning waiting for you!

Back
Top Bottom