I had a Emden mate for Chinese goose (both were girls by the way). They were pair bonded (that is their gold eggs they laid for me on my profile shot by the way) and in 2016, my dear Silly the Emden dropped dead on me. She was broody and just died. I took her body for a necropsy and we found a metal washer in her gut that had killed her intestines. I kept the metal washer... I pick every tiny piece of metal up I find now. I bought a brown chinese gosling last year to be Puddles new mate. Puddles finally accepts her as a friend and "the Captain" thinks of Puddles as his/her mate but Puddles is not nearly as in love with the Captain as she was with dear Silly.

Thanks! I thought of that -- while they are in a really controlled area, there's just no telling what she may have picked up, etc.

I'm going tonight to look at the buff geese, I think it will be a game time decision -- I'm still torn as to whether Ella is a male or female.

My new brown Chinese is NOT laid back as my late Emden was, that is for sure. He/she has to be in everyone's business and only likes men. What a traitor... I raised him. :(

Boys are impossible!

I wanted to share the newest arrivals. A breeding pair of buff geese.

3434854D-2F5B-4850-8F95-6E4C8EDE672C.jpeg

Ella was immediately drawn to them. Unfortunately they're still trying to figure out where the snack bar is.

The newest adventure at the ranch. It's always something.

Boys are impossible!

I wanted to share the newest arrivals. A breeding pair of buff geese.

View attachment 1253820

Ella was immediately drawn to them. Unfortunately they're still trying to figure out where the snack bar is.

The newest adventure at the ranch. It's always something.

Congrats on the new additions! They're very pretty. They remind me of my american buff/Canada goose crosses.

We lost a goose overnight. No trauma or any other indications, she literally just fell over. I purchased her and her sister at the beginning of December from not the greatest conditions.
I would worm the one left ..she was not taken care of good im sure ..so she probably has parasites ..That may be what killed the other one

We lost a goose overnight. No trauma or any other indications, she literally just fell over. I purchased her and her sister at the beginning of December from not the greatest conditions.
I would worm the one left ..she was not taken care of good im sure ..so she probably has parasites ..That may be what killed the other one

I wormed everyone yesterday with ivermectin because I had it... But I've also read about parasite resistance, etc.

Off to read more on wormers

:caf

I wormed everyone yesterday with ivermectin because I had it... But I've also read about parasite resistance, etc.

Off to read more on wormers

:caf

Ivermectin actually isn't an effective wormer. If they had lice or mites, it would kill those, but it's not good for worms. If you can get Safeguard, that's a good choice.

Ivermectin actually isn't an effective wormer. If they had lice or mites, it would kill those, but it's not good for worms. If you can get Safeguard, that's a good choice.

There's a ton of contradictory information on worming (or maybe it appears contradictory because I'm uninitiated?)...

Here's the post I found that was directing my geese worming;

The 2 products to use oh geese are ivermectin and fenbendazole. Ivermectin for general deworming and fenbendazole (Panacur) for hookworms. I use horse tubes of oral paste. On the ivermectin it's 0.1 ml/10#. Would need to look up the Panacur dosing. I just give it on a piece of bread. Roll it into a little ball and done.
Do not orally dose the pour on. (per the compendium). Do not get in eyes or mucus membrane. Very flammable. Do not get on human skin. Horse stuff sounds much safer.

I know ducks do better with SafeGuard... I think I need a new thread on worming!

Back
Top Bottom