hit.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I know how you feel.

Please know your in our prayers.
hu.gif
hugs.gif

Sorry for your loss! Are you allowed to shoot the dogs? Last resort ofcourse,but the neighbors should know that it could be done(by anyone) if their dogs get caught again doing this. In this day when many people raise animals for food they are much less tolerant of pets using them as chew toys.I might let it go one time as an accident,but after that the dog would be fair game for my gun.

That is AWFUL! So sad! Especially when it's a domestic animal. I feel that a wildlife predator is less awful - we are in their space, they have to hunt to eat, etc. But dogs? Uggh. That is sickening. We, too, free range our girls, and we, too, are very attached to our hens. Each of my 5 kids has their own hen, and my 5 year old's was found in front of the hen house last spring. We cleaned up the body, but he did find feathers. It was heartbreaking when he came in, eyes wide, and shouted, "Peachy got ATEN!"
I'm sorry you are going through this....

I can certainly understand how you feel. It's heartbreaking, sickening and infuriating all at the same time.
hugs.gif

I lost sixty hens in less than two hours several years ago. Neighbor's two collie pups broke the gate down to the pen and killed all of them but one - and she was so badly injured she had to be destroyed. Neighbor offered to do the right thing, but I settled for making them clean up the mess. They got rid of the dogs, too - they were chasing another neighbor's cattle. Not good. I wish people would be more responsible with their animals. The wildlife I can handle - predator proof your coop and run as best you can and be vigilant. You will lose a few, but very few wild predators kill for the sheer joy of killing!

somad.gif
. :hugsThat make me so mad when i hear that it was a neighbour dog...It is bad enought that racoons and other wildlife does it for food. But dogs do it for the fun of it. Sorry for your lost. I have been there also. I think if you have chickens. Sooner or later .....You find out how fast it can happened..

I'm terribly sorry for your chickie losses. Dogs can sometimes be the worse predator. I have Mini and Toy Poodles. My Mini stud gets very excited when he goes out back and the chicks are in their pens. I've tossed M T buckets at the idiot. Yes.........he's obedience trained !! So much for that ! I guess there's something about those birds. He has his daughter and wife doing it now too. They do eventually listen...but ! Luckily mine are in 6 ft chainlink with the bottom 3 ft 1" chicken wire. Tops are covered in deer netting too. I just don't trust anything with my babies.
I hope your son will be able to get another pet chick soon and those neighbors step up and pay for what the dogs did. I can't tollerate people that allow their dogs to run loose...especially when mine are in 3/4 of an acre of chainlink.
Hugz to all of you in this sad time.
Liz
Rochester, MA

So sorry to hear of your loss! We've all lost chickens to predators but it doesn't make it any easier on you when it happens. At least the neighbors are owning up and taking responsibility. Still how sad for your son!
sad.png

I'm so sorry, too. There's so much that goes into having chickens. The biggest part is often our hearts. I'm glad they didn't get all of your chickens.

I'm surrounded by neighbors with hunting dogs and little untrained ankle biters. I worry everyday. I can only imagine what it must be like.

Back
Top Bottom