Lost pet pigeon

rpape1

Chirping
Aug 25, 2020
Hi there,

My pet pigeon escaped on Sunday, it's now Wednesday and there's no sight of her.

For context: I found a feral squab on the road side in August last year, took it home and raised it indoors as a pet.

I used to take her into the garden occasionally as a baby. When she was about a month old and still a squeaker, she had a scare and flew off, and didn't return for two days.

She randomly appeared in the back garden two days later, and I managed to lure her inside with food. I assume must have recognised the garden as she'd been taken there a few times.

Shortly after this incident, I relocated her to my upstairs spare bedroom, and made it her bird room. I didn't let her outside at all. She's been living in that bedroom now for eight months, and has since created a nest and laid eggs a fortnight ago.

On Sunday, a family member entered that room and opened the window, forgot about it, and it was left open overnight. I came into the room the next morning, to find my bird gone.

It's now Wednesday, and she's not returned- 3 days after her escape. I am worried sick. I've been leaving the window open all day for her, but there's no sign of her whatsoever. I've also been watching local pigeons in the area, and none of them look like her.

My main concern is that she's flown far and can't recognise her location. I'm concerned she's in trouble. She didn't have a leg band either, as I never thought she'd get out. She's a tame bird, but wasn't bonded to me at the time of escape. She looked out the window every single day and saw the area, but never explored it.

All help is appreciated. Many thanks

1- how get eggs if he one pigeon?
2-maybe someone catch him. you go up building or fila (2 floor and rooftop) and watch Nearby place if you see someone have pigeons fly and back to his house, go ask him if the bird come with his flocks.

if you have food doesn't want or pigeon food Cheap in your country, throwet nearby too much in place day after day can local pigeons come and eat with without Distracting.

the problem the pigeon doesn't remember the outside the house clearly.

one of my pigeon come after days even he know the place clearly and fly many times, i think he catch and release (because he is not worth too match in the market) then lost, all i know when he back Its smell like local pigeons, Sun smell and derty water. and i know he land in other place many times same direction (i think the place belong to another Pigeon breeder because always i watch his pigeons fly)

finlly, don't worry maybe or mostly he is fine.

with regard saad from Saudi arabia

Hi there,

My pet pigeon escaped on Sunday, it's now Wednesday and there's no sight of her.

For context: I found a feral squab on the road side in August last year, took it home and raised it indoors as a pet.

I used to take her into the garden occasionally as a baby. When she was about a month old and still a squeaker, she had a scare and flew off, and didn't return for two days.

She randomly appeared in the back garden two days later, and I managed to lure her inside with food. I assume must have recognised the garden as she'd been taken there a few times.

Shortly after this incident, I relocated her to my upstairs spare bedroom, and made it her bird room. I didn't let her outside at all. She's been living in that bedroom now for eight months, and has since created a nest and laid eggs a fortnight ago.

On Sunday, a family member entered that room and opened the window, forgot about it, and it was left open overnight. I came into the room the next morning, to find my bird gone.

It's now Wednesday, and she's not returned- 3 days after her escape. I am worried sick. I've been leaving the window open all day for her, but there's no sign of her whatsoever. I've also been watching local pigeons in the area, and none of them look like her.

My main concern is that she's flown far and can't recognise her location. I'm concerned she's in trouble. She didn't have a leg band either, as I never thought she'd get out. She's a tame bird, but wasn't bonded to me at the time of escape. She looked out the window every single day and saw the area, but never explored it.

All help is appreciated. Many thanks
I think maybe she has gone looking for a mate 😉.

Back
Top Bottom