Lost them all -all my goslings

I am sooo sorry! If only there were words that could make the pain go away... I know it's hard, but please try to forgive the dog, it didn't know better.

Sorry for your loss...
sad.png

I'd make her reimburse you for the hatching eggs you bought in order to have been able to hatch those babies. Maybe next time she'll remember to keep her dog in a kennel.

I am so sorry to read this post. So sorry.

I know my baby gooses have so much personality and so quickly became my favorite animals of all. I worry about mine too, and I can't stand to think of anything happening to them.

I'm so sorry ... that is so sad.
sad.png

trish

Sorry to here this..

But remember its not the dogs fault(its a natarul Instinct)..

Humans are at fault..training is nessary with dogs around poultry. that is a fact..

Make sure you tell your Aunt how you feel..

Charlie

Thanks guys. Your sympathy really means a lot to me at this point in time.

Instinct or not it is not right. My dogs have been around birds so long that they have learned to love them and be very gentle with them.

My aunts dog has been around birds her whole life, as in house birds, and she still hasn't learned that it is not right to hurt them.
I still will always hate that dog with a passion, and I will make it very clear that it not come anywhere on my property, I have too many birds. I just have so much hatred for that animal brewing inside of me.

I guess that after the dog got done killing my goslings, it went home and killed 3 newborn bunnies.

I had put so much time into my 3 goslings, and they were the first 3 I EVER hatched. Laying season for my geese I think is coming to an end... so I really can't expect to have anymore. It breaks my heart because they looked at me as their mother. I just wish I could have been there a few minutes earlier so I could've saved them. They didn't deserve what they got.
Now my eyes start watering when I think of how there is no more little goose chirps from Ernie when I go down to the brooder room. He was always so excited to see me.

Back
Top Bottom