Lots of sick chickens

Quote:
Chickens are doing better. There is only 1 or 2 that have a sneeze. The turkey is still not better though! Still using the oxine!

Happy to hear the chickens are getting better
thumbsup.gif
What kind of symptoms is the turkey having? I know nothing about Turkeys have you been on that thread and talked to turkey people?

Nancy I think the reason is because of transfer of disease... I know alot of people do keep them together so I guess the experts would be the ones to ask. Were you able to get on the other site and ask questions?

I have 25 2 week old baby chickens. I am having the same problem only mine are showing no other signs other then being lethargic. Today there feathers are all ruffled. It started with one acting funny laying on its side falling around when it tried to walk now last night there are another 3 doing it. They are still eating and drinking but can not walk or set up properly. Very uncoridinated and unbalanced. I am afraid that the others will all get sick now to since it just seems to happen overnight and now there are 4 this way with in the atter of 2 days. I have another 25 babies coming tomorrow. I need to figure out what is wrong so I can help them. Any one please help.

Quote:
Since this is an old thread you probably would be better off starting a new thread in the emergancies section.

How hot do you have in their brooder? Can they get away from the heat source to a cooler area?

Yes I have 2 brooding lights in there. It is a very large area they can move around as much as they want. They are usually spread all over the place sleeping when i go in. So they are not to cold or they would be huddled together under the lights. I have 2 more that are acting the same way now.
That makes a total of 6 now. I do not want to loose my entire flock I have 50 babies right now. 25 that are 2 weeks old and 25 that are just a few days old. I tried sugar water. I tried save a chick packets for electrolights. I just bought tetracyclin and mixed it in there water today. They are eating medicated chick starter feed. I am at a loss and very worried.

Back
Top Bottom