Loud baby?

JustAileen

Songster
6 Years
Mar 16, 2014
One of the 3 week old gold laced brahma babies I got today is very loud. Is it just a new environment? I've fed and watered them, they're warm enough. We're pretty sure at least one of the pair is a roo...are they usually noisier than the girls this young? Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:
One of the 3 week old gold laced brahma babies I got today is very loud. Is it just a new environment? I've fed and watered them, they're warm enough. We're pretty sure at least one of the pair is a roo...are they usually noisier than the girls this young? Is there something I'm missing?

My smallest chick, which we've been told should be a hen, was the loudest of the three when I got her. The one we suspect to be the roo is the quietest. Hope this helped.

It's like, not going to be able to sleep tonight loud. I though they were supposed to be pretty quiet this young lol!

It's like, not going to be able to sleep tonight loud. I though they were supposed to be pretty quiet this young lol!

Do your chicks have enough room to move around? I found that was a problem in my first week and had to buy something larger to put them in. Sometimes my chicks cry when they don't get attention and I can hear it from the other side of the house. It helps to take them out of the cage and let them have a fly around or let them outside and watch them. Mine are a lot happier outside than inside, where they are being kept right now as they're only 4 days off 3 weeks.

Definitely enough room, I have them in a giant dog crate. I figured with the excitement of being rehomed that they wouldn't want to be out and about. I suppose tomorrow I should probably take them out and let them play a little.

Back
Top Bottom