LOUD Chicken Breeds

What breeds that you own are the loudest?

• Total voters
Idk what breed she is but all I know is this chicken never shuts up. She squawks and squawks. Is this a normal breed trait?
BD6C5AA5-F2D4-4F9F-913E-656CB544BD11.jpeg

Idk what breed she is but all I know is this chicken never shuts up. She squawks and squawks. Is this a normal breed trait? View attachment 3102257

That's a Light Brahma.

I don't know if it's a general breed trait or not, but mine honks like a goose and announces everyone's eggs, not just her own.

Her deeper voice doesn't seem as penetrating as some of the others' voices though.

That's a Light Brahma.

I don't know if it's a general breed trait or not, but mine honks like a goose and announces everyone's eggs, not just her own.

Her deeper voice doesn't seem as penetrating as some of the others' voices though.
Ok thanks! Yeah she always has to announce EVERYTHING. She finds food she screams. She finds a good spot to dust bathe in she screams. 😂 Yeah hers isn’t as pitchy it’s just annoying

Polish! They are deafening.
My one Polish hen is EXTREMELY loud, but it's only about an hour or two before she lays and about 30 minutes after. That girl can be so noisy but she's very quiet the rest of the time 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited to add : Most of my normally very quiet girls get very loud at least an hour before they lay. It's so odd that they carry on so long

Sylvie the silkie used to honk and bacaw ALL the time! She was bolshy and an attention seeker bless her, the other year we were having building work done at the back of our house. So we temporarily moved the chickens into our garage, whilst the builders were working during the day, she could hear them and would honk all day at them! She was hoarse by the end of the week silly sod!!🤣🤣

My pencilled wyandotte Sybil seems to growl a lot, but she's really friendly and tame I'm not sure why she makes that horrible noise!

Back
Top Bottom