LOUD LOUD LOUD Chicken! help!

adcockfarm

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 18, 2014
Southern California
We have six backyard chickens and they are EXTREMELY loud, especially in the morning.
D.gif
One in particular is a lot louder than the others. they are a little more quiet outside, but in the coop it's worse. I'm worried that it is too loud for the neighbors. should I try to provide chicken toys in the coop? any reasonable suggestions will be appreciated!
big_smile.png
thanks!

We have six backyard chickens and they are EXTREMELY loud, especially in the morning.
D.gif
One in particular is a lot louder than the others. they are a little more quiet outside, but in the coop it's worse. I'm worried that it is too loud for the neighbors. should I try to provide chicken toys in the coop? any reasonable suggestions will be appreciated!
big_smile.png
thanks!

What is the noise they are making - is it just excited clucking, are they honking(I have one "honking hen" and she is LOUD), is one of them a rooster who is crowing or? When they are noisy, what is your response? Often times we have unintentionally trained our animals to do something we don't want them to do - for example, if your reaction to the ruckus is to go throw treats to get them to quiet down - to you, you are getting them to be quiet; to them, you are saying that making that noise is how you get treats and that will only make them do it more, not less.

Last edited:
How big is your coop and run?
How old are they?

I have one pullet who is many decibels louder than all the others, tho they all can be pretty loud.

They are about righting a old. The Rhode Island Red is def the way loudest!!! They of course do their egg song loudly. I'm just nervous because we r in a residential area and many times it's at like 6 am and I worry about my husband and neighbors losing patience.
1f601.png

That was supposed to be 8 months old.
Coop is average for 6-8 hens and we have 6. But they free range much of the day. The mornings tho when it's worst they r in coop from night.

That was supposed to be 8 months old.
Coop is average for 6-8 hens and we have 6. But they free range much of the day. The mornings tho when it's worst they r in coop from night.
Feet by feet dimensions?
Can you post a pic?

They can be noisy, folks don't realize....might be able to put something up inside the coop to deaden the sound.

Are any lights shining into the coop? My flock is dead quiet until the littlest sliver if sun comes over the horizon or a flood light is turned on. Then it's time to get out of the coops.

When daylight comes and they are locked inside the coop and want out, expect a racket!
They're ******-off and they're not afraid to show it.

Back
Top Bottom