"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote: I just lost one of my original girls last week, so I have nothing to spare
sad.png
Aww, Gracie, I'm sorry to hear about your girl! :(

That sounds like a good "Reality Show". Kinda like Wife Swap. :lau I think we should try to make "Farm Swap" happen. :gig

Yes, you have me outnumbered. I would love the challenge. :oops:

I only have about 300+ animals. If we did "Farm Swap" your duties would include skeeter control (fogging the entire yard/chicken yard every night, making sure the zapper iszapping, spraying about 200 chickens and turkeys with Avon Skin So Soft EVERY night to make sure the skeeters don't bite them. Running after guineas and mid age turkeys or plucking them from the fence or pecan trees and throwing their butts wherever you can. :gig And let's not forget this fella (PRINCE) who loves to roost 8+ feet high in the air. You will have to FIND, CATCH and lock his butt UP!
WHERE'S WALDO? Can you spot the little rug rat? :/

You could surely come on feed day. When you would get to my house, you would have to let ALL of the animals out of the chicken yard into the BIG human yard for about 3 hours. They usually put themselves back but you may have to heard the sheep back in. As far as feed, you would only have to pick up, load and unload about 2, 500 lbs of feed and store all feed in 55 gallon trash cans in feed storage house, fill up all feeders for all of the animals (20 - 25 feeders depending on if I have itty bitties), (with one large feeder needing 350 lbs of feed), change the water in all swimming pools (9 pools total), change out waterers and fill other water containers for other animals (35 waterers total) AM

Woaw, Girl, When do you have any time to enjoy your flocks and herds? You have to stop and  smell the manure, for a while while you still can. Life is short (and this is only a test)!!!  :old   !:lau

You're right. I use to be on overload but it's ok now. I love the smell of manure and I try to inhale it daily. :lau

Terri, are your baby peas in an enclosed pen/ I found out this weekend that Prince and his other pea sibling (with encouragement from his guinea buddy) can hurdle the fence in a single bound. So, now I have to make sure that they are in an enclosed pen during the day.

I was at home on Saturday and I thought I saw a white ghost walking in front of the back doors. I went to look to see what it was and it was Prince. The gate to the chicken yard was closed but he fly over and decided to take a stroll in the human yard. I'm sure he would have wandered off if I had not been home. He is making me nervous. :/

Good morning!
I hate to vent at the start of the day, but here goes anyway lol! I split my Basques and Lavender Ameraucanas out into breeding pens last week, and they are on STRIKE! I guess they're upset I separated them from the flock, cuz I've only got 2 eggs from the Lav Ams and none from the Basques in a week! Any ideas of what might get them started again? :/

Back
Top Bottom