"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:

I just googled it, apparently coffee grounds are also high in nitrogen, which makes them great for the garden. I guess I'll be saving the coffee grounds tomorrow. I normally just trash them.

Here is a youtube link to my 9 week old cockeral crowing. I thinks it's so funny
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:

I just googled it, apparently coffee grounds are also high in nitrogen, which makes them great for the garden. I guess I'll be saving the coffee grounds tomorrow. I normally just trash them.

I'm too much on the fast lane for 'cooked' coffee...lol....I have instant on the counter...lol....

P.S. I really never want to see another drop pen in my life...lol...

I want to send a thank you to all the people who responded to my problem.
I hatched 9 chicks and it turns out that about 50% of them are roos.
Since I am new at this, it may be even more than 50%.
One of my 9 week old chicks started crowing today.
D.gif

I am attempting to attach a picture so you can see most of them as they start to roost.
88809_p6170709.jpg
88809_p6170710.jpg

thumbsup.gif
A special thanks to Chicken Guru who brought 9 more eggs to hatch.
So far they seem to have embryos that are alive and growing.

Last edited:
Do you keep self feeders full at all times so chickens can have access to them at any time. Or...do you feed twice a day a certain amount? I keep the feeders full and they eat and eat and free range and eat...Ha. What is the thing to do? I have one pen with 26 - 10 week olds in it, how much feed (starter - grower) would you think necessary a day...by some kind of measurement please...will go from there...thanks.....G

Back
Top Bottom