"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Exactly !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

Almost like writing a hot check for $100.00 knowing that you only have $5.00 in your checking account. :smack

Well, I just saw a news video where Florida has arrested almost 100 people in the normal fraud of selling stamps, and plan on arresting all those that got more than what was on their card for the shut down. Go Florida!!! I do hope they use common sense in the arrests. $5 over is acceptable in my book for calculating taxes and such but $500 is way overboard and they knew they were stealing.

GO FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

NOW LET"S ARREST THE FOOD STAMP FRAUDERS IN LOUISIANA!!!!!!!! :smack

Last edited:
Well, I just saw a news video where Florida has arrested almost 100 people in the normal fraud of selling stamps, and plan on arresting all those that got more than what was on their card for the shut down. Go Florida!!! I do hope they use common sense in the arrests. $5 over is acceptable in my book for calculating taxes and such but $500 is way overboard and they knew they were stealing.

I'm shocked their doing something fla. Is known for being the state with the most scams going on. I've heard this on the news and from people that live there. Maybe because it's state funds their on top of it.

GO FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

NOW LET"S ARREST THE FOOD STAMP FRAUDERS IN LOUISIANA!!!!!!!!
smack.gif
Yes, those people were wrong and should be held accountable. However, in my book, they should arrest the WalMart corporate people while they were at it. The article says they were aware of the glitch and permitted these people to continue to use their cards. Quote from the news report, ".... the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Wal-Mart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway."

In my book that is aiding and abetting and fraud. They KNEW these people had insufficient funds to pay for the things in their cart but processed the orders anyway. Their would have been no crime had WalMart refused to keep accepting the cards beyond the $50 emergency limit. Now, you can bet WalMart is going to expect to be reimbursed for the goods they sold: They aren't a charity after all.

Just my two cents.

Also, post a list of "most wanted" so that we would know what to send.  We "take care of our own"!!

Yes, but if I told you some of the things that I want to see in my lifetime, I would be banned from this thread AND BYC !!!!!!! :oops: It's Norman Bates and Hannibal Lector kinda thoughts. :oops:

Ron wonders about me sometimes because I like shows about terrible crimes and the science of how they got caught. He wonders if I'm studying up to get rid of him. Hahahaha !! I'd never do that !!! But he should alway be on his best behavior !! HAHA!!! He thinks I'm morbid. Pam

Yes, those people were wrong and should be held accountable. However, in my book, they should arrest the WalMart corporate people while they were at it. The article says they were aware of the glitch and permitted these people to continue to use their cards. Quote from the news report, ".[COLOR=000080]... the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Wal-Mart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway."[/COLOR]

In my book that is aiding and abetting and fraud. They KNEW these people had insufficient funds to pay for the things in their cart but processed the orders anyway. Their would have been no crime had WalMart refused to keep accepting the cards beyond the $50 emergency limit. Now, you can bet WalMart is going to expect to be reimbursed for the goods they sold: They aren't a charity after all.

Just my two cents.

I totally agree with you. Their have also been complaints about the mom & pop stores over charging. Walmart has almost put them out of business I don't think their gouging they have to make up for lost revenue to the big chains. Pam

We let our neighbor use one of our pastures for his horses. He called this past Sunday and said that his boys wanted to get a calf and could he keep it in the pasture too? We said sure. Welllllll....It's a Brahma bull, about 1/3 grown. Neighbor said "don't go int the pasture because he will charge you". REALLY?!?!?!?!?!
rant.gif
PLUS, my dogs have been BARKING AT THAT D*MN BULL SINCE SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he.gif
he.gif
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!
he.gif
he.gif

I couldn't take it anymore and put my two older dogs up in the barn. My catahoula pup (1yr) Bleu I left loose, because he will stay around the house without his "partner in crime" to explore with. He is even barking!!!! NONSTOP FOR HOURS!!!!!!! I'm in the office on that side of the house doing quarterly taxes. I"M GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
Anyone want a bull? You can come get him at midnight???
barnie.gif

Well the supplier certainly has good reviews for good customer service! I just have realized that I forgot to mention that some fragrance oils will work fine in Melt & Pour(The clear or nearly clear Glycerin Soaps). They may or may not work good in Cold Process. The best way to know is just to try it out. I didn't see any review that mentioned cold processed soap. But if you did a small batch you wouldn't loose much if it seized on you. Since it is skin safe the seizing would just make it not so pretty. I have had that happen and its perfectly usable soap. It was a fragrance oil I picked up at Hobby Lobby. All of the ones there are geared towards the melt & pour soaps though. I didn't know it. Oh well. It still cleans skin!!!! Some of my favorite websites for supplies have descriptions that say if the FO will discolor or accelerate or if it behaves like a dream. This is a fav go to of mine because of free shipping. They aren't super fast ALL the time....but most of the time its acceptable for free! http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ Any supply site you go to, sign up for their newsletter via email and you may luck out and get what you want on sale.
I see that Lowes has a Kitchen Aid 2 speed stick blender for $39.95, I will probably get, cause my old one's housing came apart!
hmm.png
It has the highest rating on the site. I ordered Potassium Hydroxide from Essential Supply, on line, but will probably go to Hobby Lobby in Hammond and look at their molds. For us, I will just use a silicone loaf mold and cut it into bars. But for the batches I make with my grand daughter for Christmas presents she gives to her friends, I would like a few fancy molds.

What could make a girl happier on this Sunday than a big set of shelves??!!! My hubby brought me a big, sturdy set of shelves for my canned foods. I filled them! And there are still more jars to put on there BUT its not a good idea to stack jars directly on top of jars(the experts say). I guess the idea is that you may not know if a seal breaks.....if you have other jars directly on top pressing down. So we are going to put a spacer in on two of the shelves......so we have 2 more shelves
thumbsup.gif
hahaha! I didn't realize how many jars of various canned foods we had, since I have been storing them in a few different places. I quit counting today when I got over 200.
hide.gif
Don't judge! lol! But if Wal-Mart burnt down we would have food for a long time!
I do not home can anymore, since it's just the 2 of us and I have 3 freezers and 2 generators, HaHa, but when canned items I use a lot go on sale, I buy a couple of cases and stack the older few on top the boxes to use first, because my second pantry is a walk in closet, in a bedroom we don't use. When I did can, I kept the boxes the jars came in along with the dividers to store the jars away from sunlight and have staked the cases on top of each other without any misshape. We always built shelving for the height of the objects to be stored there. A lot of shelving is adjustable for that reason. Good move!

We let our neighbor use one of our pastures for his horses.  He called this past Sunday and said that his boys wanted to get a calf and could he keep it in the pasture too?  We said sure.  Welllllll....It's a Brahma bull, about 1/3 grown.  Neighbor said "don't go int the pasture because he will charge you".  REALLY?!?!?!?!?!  :rant    PLUS, my dogs have been BARKING AT THAT D*MN BULL SINCE SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :he :he   MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!:he :he

I couldn't take it anymore and put my two older dogs up in the barn.  My catahoula pup (1yr) Bleu I left loose, because he will stay around the house without his "partner in crime" to explore with.  He is even barking!!!! NONSTOP FOR HOURS!!!!!!!  I'm in the office on that side of the house doing quarterly taxes.  I"M GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:barnie    Anyone want a bull?  You can come get him at midnight???  :barnie

No good deed goes unpunished ! You need to ask more questions before saying yes. I would call him back an say it's not working. Let him know he should have given you full discloser about it being a brahma bull. Your dog probably knows this animal is aggressive. Their just trying to get you to listen. He would make horn dog harry look like a walk in the park. Pam

Back
Top Bottom