"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Here's pics of my juvinals and chicks from last week.
The last two pics is my best CCL I may show her if she stays on the sop road as she grows. Pam

hey everyone....have been super busy to even be on here...lots to catch up on...hatched 88 out of 110 chicken eggs....and 35 or 36 quail out of 51....finished the hoop coop and got a pair of purple peafowl...keeping it short quail at a couple days old...they grow so fast.. white crested black polish joker thinking there was a treat on his head...lol pair of purple peafowl we just got for easter male the finished hoop...going to change the tarp out with 85 percent corrugated fiberglass door...lol missed the other inch on the right side working in the dark...haha...have to screw in a section on that... jumbo texas a n m quail
Wow birdman those peacocks are really beautiful. And joker too :D

Today I got my first egg from Percy in quite awhile. She must have known how bad I wanted her to start laying because she came running as soon as she saw me. That black trio of Cochin have really warmed up to us. And they love eating all sorts of greens and bugs now.

The bantam egg from Percy and cuckoo Marans egg. I think I got MAYBE 5 eggs total today. We just started feeding fermented feed again and that has started a few hens back up. But I'm going to add in some red pepper tomorrow just for kicks. I saw a few comments on topdogs page on fb. Being ever the skeptic I did some searching and found some surprising studies. So I'm going to give it a go.

Poor Percy must have had a bit of a rough time pushing out that egg since it's streaked with blood. But it has been QUITE a long time since she laid. I think she was proud of her egg.

Some pics of my pullets that I am really liking. Their feet and legs just are really cool looking. And I love the blue splash feathers.

They didn't want pictures!

Turkey forgot to clean her beak before going to bed. Lol.

Beautiful sunset here tonight. I felt like it was sent in honor of my beautiful cousin who was killed last night in a tragic traffic accident in Nebraska. 4 people were killed. She was a widowed mother of 5 boys. Her boyfriend was one that was killed. So now the boys are without either parent. Thankfully it sounds like her brother is going to take custody. She was such a strong independent, unstoppable, bright woman. Seemingly invincible and amazingly strong to me. Hold your family close friends. You never know what tomorrow brings.

Today I got my first egg from Percy in quite awhile. She must have known how bad I wanted her to start laying because she came running as soon as she saw me. That black trio of Cochin have really warmed up to us. And they love eating all sorts of greens and bugs now.

The bantam egg from Percy and cuckoo Marans egg. I think I got MAYBE 5 eggs total today. We just started feeding fermented feed again and that has started a few hens back up. But I'm going to add in some red pepper tomorrow just for kicks. I saw a few comments on topdogs page on fb. Being ever the skeptic I did some searching and found some surprising studies. So I'm going to give it a go.

Poor Percy must have had a bit of a rough time pushing out that egg since it's streaked with blood. But it has been QUITE a long time since she laid. I think she was proud of her egg.

Some pics of my pullets that I am really liking. Their feet and legs just are really cool looking. And I love the blue splash feathers.

Beautiful sunset here tonight. I felt like it was sent in honor of my beautiful cousin who was killed last night in a tragic traffic accident in Nebraska. 4 people were killed. She was a widowed mother of 5 boys. Her boyfriend was one that was killed. So now the boys are without either parent. Thankfully it sounds like her brother is going to take custody. She was such a strong independent, unstoppable, bright woman. Seemingly invincible and amazingly strong to me. Hold your family close friends. You never know what tomorrow brings.

Sorry for your loss. Yes never put off that phone call or visit you never know when it's the last.
Beautiful birds you have Lemon. Pam

Sorry for the whole family and especially those children that will now grow up without either parent, And I agree with pam, you have some very nice chickens Lemon.

That renegade roo survived the night! I looked for him roosting last night, but no luck. So this morning I heard him crowing from the woods. I lured him out with some scratch, and he eventually found his way into the yard. I locked up my SS hens, even though my roo was being pretty diligent in chasing Red roo. I just happened to be outside when the renegade wandered into the open tractor and the roo blocked the exit. So now he's contained, and much braver with the fence between them. :lau

.... the finished hoop...going to change the tarp out with 85 percent corrugated fiberglass door...lol missed the other inch on the right side working in the dark...haha...have to screw in a section on that...
I love your hoop coop and am interested in building one. Did you use plans of any sort? What type of fiberglass panel is large enough to replace the tarp? I guess I didn't realize panels were available that long (I realize you would have to use overlapping panels for the length...) Lemon - I am very sorry for your loss. Such a tragic situation. Your family, especially the children, is in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom