"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good afternoon, longtime since I last posted. Had my Pekins and Buffs for 2 months now, everything is going real well.

One Pekin was slow to walk, fed her some food high in niacin and now she seems fine.

Question, as an Uptown New Orleans resident, I have a nice sized backyard, about 1,000sq.ft. Sunny
with some shade, a nice little Wal-Mart kiddie pool, lots of grass and food for them to eat and a nice
sized run. I've been cooping them up at night mostly, but now and then I just leave them out.

With 2 dogs and an outdoor cat, we haven't had any issues with predators. I know it may not be the BEST
decision to leave them out over night, but has anyone done this exclusively? I free range them from 8am
to 8pm usually.

-Pete

Quote:
My honest opinion? No. Don't do it. I thought mine were safe last year & started leaving the coop open so they would have their choice as to come in at night or not -- well, I lost six in one night. You may think you don't have a single predator within miles but trust me, in this state, you certainly do. In my case, an owl -- swooped right in at night & got them. BTW, I have three dogs & three cats, one is an outside dog & 2 are outside cats. Did not help one bit.

Quote:
Been a quiet day here. We slept late & then I went into town & ran errands. Fixing to go take a nap as it's too hot to do anything outside & I don't feel like starting any inside projects right now. Getting used to my new bifocal contacts - so far, so good!

I figure no news is good news!
wink.png

Quote:

Kuntrygirl, I have an old galvanized something. I think it's a gas can. I also have a cabinet top with a flour sifter that attaches to a bottom cabinet. The counter part of it is made of metal. It is in decent shape for its age. Let me know if you're interested. They are free for the asking.
wink.png

Quote:
Well I got half way good new!! Someone is coming to get 2 of them this evening!!
woot.gif

YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're halfway there!

I'm all the way there baby!! He showed up and asked if the other 2 were spoken for, I said no and he said his neighbor wanted one and I said you can have them ALL!! He was like well one more won't hurt and took them all!!
idunno.gif
But
celebrate.gif
for me!!
thumbsup.gif

ETA: And I just realized that someone else sent me a message as he was getting them saying tthey wanted them!!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're halfway there!

I'm all the way there baby!! He showed up and asked if the other 2 were spoken for, I said no and he said his neighbor wanted one and I said you can have them ALL!! He was like well one more won't hurt and took them all!!
idunno.gif
But
celebrate.gif
for me!!
thumbsup.gif

ETA: And I just realized that someone else sent me a message as he was getting them saying tthey wanted them!!
idunno.gif

thumbsup.gif
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Quote:
idunno.gif
But
celebrate.gif
for me!!
thumbsup.gif

idunno.gif

thumbsup.gif
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I know right??
lol.png

Hope you all have a great evening and a great day tomorrow!! That ole weather channel says it's going to be a toasty 98 with a heat index of 110.
th.gif
Aren't we lucky!!
wink.png
Tomorrow is the day we all can't wait to get to but dread it all at the same time! Thursday and the last day on days!!
he.gif
Hope I'll have a sec to get on and say hi!!
fl.gif

Night Night Folks!!

Quote:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Where are you located?

I have Lavendar, and also a pair of Splash Orpingtons that I believe will produce both Blue and Splash Orpingtons. Terri, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure since I lost my blue hen. I'm thinking the blue gene is with the splash. Anyway, they are just beginning to lay and I won't be hatching anything for another couple of months because it's just too hot right now. Email me if you're interested as my PM box is usually full.
gig.gif
I hate throwing out my emails.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom