"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

WoW 500, and here I thought I had too many chickens!
lau.gif

Yeah I havent done a head count in a while so thats a conservative guess I didn't want to OVER do it so I just threw that out there my flock hasn't dwindled much at all here lately and I really don't know how many rouge youngun's are running around that broodies rasied and left and have since hatched out a couple times over again so it could actually be well over 500+ you NEEDING some chickens by the way?
gig.gif
I probly can fix you and few more up, real good.
Jeff

Good CHILLY morning from central La! Some of my hens are still moulting - might have to knit little sweaters for them.
OK time to get ready for the day & enjoy my last day off before Monday gets here. Have a good one everybody!
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey everbody and La-yers too LOL Chris and the baby girl kicked @$$ at the BR state fair show yesterday you can see the results over to the Heritage RIR thread. I'm sure he'll be on later to fill everbody in. They were happy campers last evening probly tired happy campers no doubt.

Congrats to them
highfive.gif

Jeff

OH yeah good mornin' La-yers and BYCers too.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Howdy All,

I've been out and about for the past several months...and haven't been on.. I wanted to say HOWDY
welcome-byc.gif
to all of the new folks out there! And also Howdy to the rest!

As some of you know, we started a new ISP in Richland Parish and been working on that, plus all of the trips to keep these radio and television stations on the air are keeping me hopping. Just an update on my little flock...

I built a new coop yesterday to start splitting up my flock of BA, BO, BR, EE, and Coronations. I still have 1 Speckled Sussex from my starting flock of 3 years ago. Each of the other breads I have a trio at least.. the Coronations I have 1 Roo 2 hens and 1 split white hen. And the Barred Rocks I have 3 hens one roo. I am almost 90 precent finished with my breeding pens made out of old pallets, and some tin I pulled off an old roof. I just have to give it siding and figure out to check the nesting boxes. I like enclosed coops.

My new coop is built out of an plastic water tank.. It's huge. I put in a roost, nesting box, and a nice 15 X 15 run. I'll try to post a pic. I put my BA, and Coronations in it.

The Seremas are all doing well also, building them an outdoor coop hopefully this weekend as well. When I'm away, they don't always get to go outside, so I am going to make them a fair weather coop that will be good for most of the year. Bring them inside only when it gets too cold or windy for my little bitty chickens (though they don't know they are chickens).

Joe

Hey Louisiana peeps. If you or your husband will have openings next year in a deer lease please let me know. Looking for a lease to primarily deer hunt for next season. I am a 30 year old responsible hunter. Thanks

Cool tip, Garilyn! I'll give it a shot!
Now if someone could explain how (and how long) we need to cook the extra roos we processed so the meat won't be tough and stringy!
marinate it in homemade italian dressing, i use half vinegar and half veg. oil. add italian seasoning, dried basil, zataran's seasoning, garlic powder, a little mustard, lemon juice and paprika. shake well in a well sealing jar. marinate the roos in it over night in the refrigerator. the vinegar and lemon juice will help to break down the meat. we did this with chicken breasts and then baked and sliced them for salads for our catering business. there is no sugar in this recipe like store bought dressings have. to make thousand island dressing mix catsup and mayo together. chop up dill pickles and sprinkle with a little sugar and lemon juice, add garlic powder and a little zataran's seasoning. mix all together and chill! hope you enjoy these recipes, they come from our kitchen to yours. please feel free to share!

Back
Top Bottom