Loving the chick life!

I took this picture this morning when I went out to feed them they always crowd against the door like that.

I used to let them free range only when I was there, but I got them into a pattern on where to stay, and they seem not to get lost. I don't let hens with chicks free range, because the other chickens attack her.

Two Buff Orpingtons, Popcorn and Jenifer, free ranging

Crow, my Austrolorp Hen, and her fifteen chicks (two came out for the picture!)

Lompey, the Flarry Eyed, Polish, Americana Cross!

I'm not sure if she'll give em to me like my ayams, but they might be mixed due to her large amount of different breeds and like 5 roos.

Very beautiful Warhorse Game! It almost looks like the black sex link I'm trying to breed! Those chicks are so cute, too! Do you ever get chipmunk looking chicks? I can send you some photos of what they look like. Their Leghorn chicks that are like that. So, your roosters don't attack you, I just got a third attack from Sven, my Silver Leghorn cockerel! He's probably going to get butchered with my dad's turkeys in the fall! I mix breed some of my chickens due to the rareness of cocks for my strange breeds in my area. Someone was selling Silver Leghorns in my area, but I had no room for them. I got the silver leghorn cross cockerel from my Silver Leghorn hen and Americana rooster.

Last edited:
Oh! She's mixed them up, well you'll probably have to toe punch your purebreds so you'll know who's the breeders. It can be hard to do, so you'll probably want to put a wing clip on them. Unless they are very distinguishable. I'm toe punching my Barred Rocks and Rhode Islands for breeding because I need to distinguish the ones I've weighed out so the chicks will be nice and plump like the parents. I'm not too into random breeding, so that's why I do that.

Thank you yes I did get some chipmunk marked ones the chicks are full rir or rir over golden laced wyadotte, or where leg horn over rir or white leghorn over golden laced wyadottes so im very excited on knowning what there colors will turn out.

Hopefully! Rhode Island Reds crossed with Buff Orpingtons also look sharp! You were saying that your Rhodes where chipmunk striped? Mine weren't. Yours are crossed, so that might be why.

Back
Top Bottom