Lucasville Ohio swap meet

HI
Does anyone know if the American Langshan Club's National Meet is going to be in Lucasville,Ohio this year.

Thanks Clayton Grace

Yeah they have everything there I'm going for Black swans, Peahens, bantam chickens, quail, geese, and what ever else I like HEHE!

They even have bears, fox, I seen a baby alligator there last summer and exotic animals there too!

Times are

friday about 4pm
Sat. before daylight
Sun. before daylight
all last till after dark!

Last edited:
Is anyone going to Lucasville that has Ameraucana's for sale???? I need some babies/pullets, about 12.
wink.png

I must have thought the show the end of may was the swap....
But looks like we may be going anyway!
Changed some plans around and thanks to my DH we may actually make it there!
thanks,
Angela

I am going to be looking for blue silkies and my sis is looking for BTW Japs. We are getting up super early to get there as close to opening on saturday as possible.

Anyone have any info, like entry forms or rules for the show?

I am a little annoyed here, I think this is the worst run event I have ever come across. I heard it through the grape vine that the Southern Ohio Poultry Association was having their annual swap meet just a few days ago. I have been searching all over the web for more info in regards to it. I have found their web site, but it only has a mailing address to contact no number no email address. And since I have gotten this info too late to write them this is worthless to me. I finally found their number but it rang off the hook, and their web site said due to too many phone calls they wont be giving out their number any more. Well that is pretty silly, I understand it being too much time spent on the phones. But at least put a frequently asked question area so people can get a better idea of what to expect. Like loads of people are asking when the dates are, so they put that down, but how about what it cost to put up a booth, can you camp on site on Friday night, do they have any wheel chair or cart rentals? Things like that so people can get a better idea of what it is going to be like going there and what they will need while there. Sorry to go off like this, but this seems to me to be really silly of them to go ahead and set up a thing like this and then not have any way for people to get answers. OK I am done, I feel so much better. LOL

With all of that said, does anyone know if you can camp on the fairgrounds the night before (Friday night) If you can, what time do they close the gates so you can't get in till the next day? My husband works late, but we wanted to drive the 2 and a half hours to get there after he gets off work. We thought we would just sleep in the car when we get there, but didn't know if they allowed you to do this or not. Hope someone knows on here. God bless

Francine

smile.png
I was there today. I had a nice time looking at all the chickies and eating food.

XD One thing I might have noticed, though. I think at least one seller bought all male chicks from a hatchery. I can't confirm whether they were trying to sell them as straight run or not, because I didn't ask, but I got kind of curious when I walked around the outside of the booth and saw a stack of chick shipping boxes as tall as me and they were all labeled "male." But then again, maybe that's all you can get from hatcheries right now...

Traffic was nuts today. I'm not sure I've ever seen that many people there before. They tore the heck out of all that grass with all that rain last night. Today was a good day, though.

Back
Top Bottom