Lucie Cocoa KIDDED*Pic*

woot.gif
Yeah, if she has them on Friday, that would be rather awesome
wink.png

Well she had them tonight at 10:30 as I expected.

I checked her at 10 and she was acting completely normal. No goo, no contractions, no signs at all.

Came back out at 10:30 and there is two babies not more than a minute or two old. Little stinker.

kodyr.jpg

Daddy is Kodiac. You can't tell very well in this picture but he has a white splash on his rump.

babyb.jpg

Lucie and her twins. A solid black girl with a white head spot and half white ears. And a crazy unusual boy that is brown, red, black, white grey. He is awesome. I love him. I do wish their genders were switched though. Cause now it looks like I will be keeping another boy.
tongue.png
That brings my buck total up to 4. And this is my first kinder kidding.
he.gif

baby2mx.jpg

Look how neat the male is. His color is so awesome. He has a white spot on his neck, and a white belly band on both sides. Neither of his parents have spots or a belly band. Weird.

baby3fs.jpg

Other side. Lucie is such a good mommy. But it's really cold outside so I'm worried about them. I will be checking lots tonight. The girl is a piggy, the male is much slower to get a hold and suck.

I am soo happy. With my little babies. The buck will remain here with us for now. And the girl is most likely for sale. She has the genes to pass on colored babies. Let me know or PM if your interested in more information.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. Flash ruins everything. I will try to get some better ones in the morning.

Congrats!
thumbsup.gif
They are cute! Maybe you can set up a heat lamp for them to lay under? I have seen the big blue plastic barrels used for babies too. They cut an opening in the side and have a heat lamp hanging above it. I made mine coats with fleece.

***SOOOO JEALOUS****
droolin.gif

They are SOOO CUTE! I'm sorry, but the most loving sound in the barn yard is a kid ! They are so irrisistable! ( I know, i spelled it wrong, thats what makes me a true bycer
tongue.png
)

The only heat lamp I have is nailed permanently to the inside of my chick brooder. Sweater you say... hmm that gives me an idea. I do have a little dog sweater. But I would be scared it would strangle them or something. I may take it out with me and see if it helps one of them. I will check on them again in an hour or two. I just went out and snuggled them in my coat, and rubbed their legs and ears. I wish Lucie would lay down with them, but she is more intersted in licking them and eating.

I am very shocked and pleased with the babies. I expected black goats, with white legs, and white facial stripes. I thought their daddy was Wilbur. And he pretty much only throws that color. It was a surprise to see Kody was the daddy. Well not a total surprise because I suspected it. But still. Besides that. The male is completely off the map on colors. His color looks impossible to come out of a black goat, and a brown goat. But hey. I guess its possible.

If they stay warm enough through the night. They should be fine. But I already have a rescued Kinder from someone that had frostbite, and I really don't want to redo that again. Yuck. Praying it's not too cold for them.

I thought about bringing them inside. But if I do that I fear they will attach to me too much, or she will forget them. And I don't have time for bottle babies right now.

So I guess I will just have to do often checks and warm them up. They are dry now, so hopefully they will be okay. Especially if they snuggle together.

Back
Top Bottom