MAD AT THE USPS!!!!

M@M@2four

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
USA
I am SO upset with the USPS!!! I sold silkie hatching eggs three weeks ago on E-bay. I sent them out Priority Mail the very next day with a tracking number! Customer contacts me 3 days later--still hasn't received them. I wait two more days and still nothing, so I contact my local PO and all they can confirm is the box went out November 13. Well, it just figures my silkies stopped laying completely, so I can't even send this poor lady any replacement eggs at the moment. Over a week passes...then 2 weeks. I offered her a full refund, including shipping since I felt so bad or offered to re-ship her eggs as soon as the girls started laying. She says she wants to wait for the eggs--I just feel terrible. Still girls aren't laying--cold snap! This customer is more than patient and insists on waiting, so we wait...well, guess what?! It'll be three weeks tomorrow that I sent the eggs out and she JUST got them!!!
he.gif
I'm in MD and she's in CA--I know that's a distance, but should have been there in 3-4 days at the most! And usually with priority, everything arrives within 2 days. So, she sent me an e-mail today saying, "Guess what I got?!" She said I packaged them very well because all were still intact except 2, which were slightly cracked!! lol Anyhow, the USPS is gonna get a ear full tomorrow!!!
rant.gif
That is ridiculous!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep! That's what I'm gonna do! That way I can send her replacement eggs when my girls decide to lay again and it won't cost me more money to send them!

I had that experience when I shipped some pigeons back to an exhibitor who had left them unintentionally at our National Young Bird show one year. I sent them express mail overnight on Friday and he didn't get them until Monday. Luckily these were some tough pigeons, but they were thirsty and hungry as all heck.

I took my receipt with me and got a full refund of the postage and delivery charges but also my insurance charges.

I am glad I have such a good mail carrier now. If I have a package he bangs on my door and hands it to me, if I am not home he takes it back and leaves me a note that I have a package to pick up at the local branch office.

Hmm, must remember to get him something really nice for Xmas this year! Especially since he brought me my hatching eggs so
quickly!

On the one hand I can understand your frustration but realistically given the volume of mail the PO handles something is bound to go astray from time to time. The PO handles BILLIONS of pieces of mail each year & only a very small amount of that total has a problem.
Before you ask, no I don't work for the Post Office.

Once we shipped 2 poodle puppies by air through Air Canada Cargo, up until then we'd have no problems with puppies shipping, HOWEVER that particular night, in October when it was awfully cold out, THEY LEFT THE PUPPIES IN THEIR CRATE ON THE RUNWAY FOR 5 HOURS BEFORE THEY REALIZED THEY WERE MISSING. The puppies were scared as heck, hungry, thirsty, and had peed themselves into oblivion with fright as planes came close to landing on them.

Priority should be guranteed a certain number of days so you should be able to get a refund. Packages do go missing occasionally. It's one risk you take shipping things. One reason I dislike shipping animals. I don't think I could ever ship anything I couldn't stand to lose by any shipping service. It's worth it to me to drive or fly it there in person. If I get the puppy I want from the west coast I'm driving there from Iowa. I know usually it goes fine but I just can't deal with that one time it doesn't when it's something alive like that.

I am hoping onto your bandwagon. I was supposed to have 1,000 crickets today in the mail. Lady looks at my house and just drives off. She was about to turn and decided not to. I wish he sent them UPS overnight.

Always ship animals Express USPS. That will insure for 100.00 dollars and 1-2-3 day delivery. If you ship eggs by priorty mail, then insure them for 2-3 day delivery with NO cracked eggs.

Back
Top Bottom