MAD AT THE USPS!!!!

I was told you cannot get insurance on eggs. Usps won't allow it or honor it and express is usually not worth it for eggs. If the package gets lost it gets lost whether it's express or priority. Priority should have a day gurantee on all packages though. It won't cover breaking but it should cover it getting there on time in whatever shape.

Quote:
I've had eggs shipped through UPS before and it was a nightmare. Half the eggs were crushed, only 2 developed and only 1 hatched....won't ever go that route again!

All in all the USPS does a pretty good job. Of the myriad of eggs I shipped this year only 1 shipment was delayed, and where it spent 2 weeks I can not imagine, because according to Mapquest the route could be driven in 10 hours. A word of warning to all egg shippers. Always pay for delivery conformation. There are buyers out there who will claim the eggs never arrived. Priority Mail really has no gaurantees as to how long the package will take to arrive, but typically at least in my case it is usually two days. Express Mail does give us some options for reimbursment if it is not deliverd on the time promised. For some of the more valuable eggs being shipped Express Mail is the way to go.

I would like to add that whether you have broken eggs or not is pretty much up to the person packing them.

Last edited:
I just called the USPS--they don't know what happened, don't really care. Didn't even apologize. And they don't refund you shipping for Priority Mail!!!!!!
he.gif

Quote:
I've had eggs shipped through UPS before and it was a nightmare. Half the eggs were crushed, only 2 developed and only 1 hatched....won't ever go that route again!

EEKS, See it's all my dad's fault since he retired from UPS they have gone down hill....

M@M@2four :

I just called the USPS--they don't know what happened, don't really care. Didn't even apologize. And they don't refund you shipping for Priority Mail!!!!!!
he.gif

That's the problem with the USPS- they don't care. There is no recourse. You can't even call your local PO, the number is not listed. When you go there to talk to someone about lost packages, they say "we will look into it and call you", and then you never hear from them again. We have had a horrible time with our driver not delivering packages shipped to us. More than once he has lied about coming to the door and no one was home- kind of hard to believe when you were outside in the front yard all day that day. He just didn't want to get out of his vehicle. We have complained and complained to no avail.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom