Mad neighbor

I guess when your neighbor asked what was going to be done about it, you could have told her, "go ahead in and get it". Just kidding.... Sorry that she lost a dog and sorry that you had to be called home to deal with such nonsense. I am grateful that I live out in the country, can't see my neighbors and they are great neighbors to boot. I don't know that I have the patience to deal with situations like this. I hope this ends the saga for you!

The dog was in the donkey pen? No surprise it's dead, and your neighbor has no business being upset at anyone other than herself for not controlling her animal. YOUR animal was contained and under control, so end of story.

Sorry that you even have to deal with someone like that. It's almost a certainty that she'll never wrap her head around the concept of how it was entirely her fault for what happened and will potentially be a continuing sources of headaches for you in the future.
hmm.png
Sorry, but you just can't fix stupid.

I guess she didn't understand what I ment when I told her IF YOUR DOG GETS IN THE PEN WITH MY DONKEYS THEY WILL KILL IT. bet she got it now. But really that's why I got them I had 14 turkey eggs that disappeared well now nothing but other peoples animals disappear. Its like the sss rule but I don't even have to shoot. Its more like stomp shovel shut up. Haha. If you have never seen them do it it isn't a pretty sight. And 4 of them do some damage.

And I do live in the country. Dirt road and all. Just she lives across the field from me

Last edited:
I've been talking about getting one for a while. Do the donkeys do ok with your dogs? Or do your dogs have enough sense to not go in there?? And it kills feral cats too? That's my big predator right now. My birds are used to the horses. I guess I was a little afraid the donkeys would stomp the birds since they can be a little bossy and obnoxious! Lol! That's good to know. I've really got to work on DH now!

Sorry you're having to deal with that. Sounds like our neighbors are related!
smack.gif

Shelly

No they will kill any dog. Your dog any dog. But I have more electric fence on the bottom so my dogs wont go in there but hers did. Mine has enough sense when they start blowin at them to not go in there. Its a lil hard for the cats to be killed because they are faster but if they can they will

I've been talking about getting one for a while. Do the donkeys do ok with your dogs? Or do your dogs have enough sense to not go in there?? And it kills feral cats too? That's my big predator right now. My birds are used to the horses. I guess I was a little afraid the donkeys would stomp the birds since they can be a little bossy and obnoxious!

Not all donkeys are the same. My donkey (an intact Jack) gives a warning kick the first time, and my dogs got it the first kick. My donkey will tolerate my two dogs in the pasture meaning it doesn't go barrelling after them -- he ignores them unless they get too close. And my dogs stay out-of the way. However, my donkey will go after a strange dog (and I keep my in-house dog - Maltease out of the pasture because he cannot get away fast enough from the donkey & my donkey doesn't "know" him). My donkey DOES chase my cat if she gets in his vicinity. She stays in most of the time as I only let her out when I am home.

My donkey doesn't bother the chickens or the Guineas at all. When I first got the Jack, my geese attempted to assert themselves, but he ran at them (I thought he was going to hurt them but he stopped short of stomping them). Now, they leave the Jack alone, and he doesn't bother them anymore either.

Between my Jack, my dogs & geese, I don't have any predator problems. I've seen my dogs and the donkey ALL chasing the same poor dog that ventured in. Nothing has a chance.​

I would love to get some but how are the donkeys with people/kids?

Depends on the donkey. I have set a 3 year old on my donkey's back, and he just stands there and lets the child sit on his back.​

Back
Top Bottom