Made a deal in town!! Need advice Update pics!!

mgw

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Eastern Wa.
DW DDs & I went to Spokane today to make the rounds to the feed stores & ranch supply places, cause we were bored & hadnt been to town in awhile.Our last stop was at NWS&P, when we walked into the animal section they were crating up thier last rooster they had just sold. So I asked if they needed more roosters, that we had two 1 blue buff polish,& A white sultan we needed to unload. tThe lady we were talking to said yes they wanted them & asked what we wanted for them. About that time a few pens down I spotted some pullets and told her that we just happen to have 2 empty slots opening up in our coop and needed 2 pullets to fill them she said no problem and pointed to the pen and said we could just trade 2 for 2 which is good for us because weve been advertizing them for free on CL for 2 weeks with no response. SO the question is how do we put the new pullets in the coop with the older pullets , the older girls are 10 & 12 weeks old there are 2 a white crested black polish & a golden lace polish. The new girls are 4.5 weeks old are they to young totry for a couple more weeks ? should we try to combine them right away? Or what? Now for the POLL Q? The pullets they have are gold comets & bard rock. We have heard lots of good things about both breeds. So we want you all to decide which to get for us. so at the end of your response just tab over and PUT A #1 for 2 gold comets
#2 for bard rocks
#3 for 1 of each.

THANK YOU Mike & Angie

Well caught the roos first thing, we are leaving for spokane now. Weve decided to put the new girls in a large pet taxi at nite inside the rabbitry and we have a portable pen to put them in the yard during the day. does that sound okay? we will post pics when we get home. We are wondering about a heat lamp they are 4.5 weeks old, it has been in the 60s low 70s ay nite here lately.

Here they are Blanche the BR & Lydia the GC what do you think

59034_001.jpg

59034_003.jpg

59034_004.jpg

59034_006.jpg

Last edited:
I just want to add to make sure you quaranteen your new birds for 4 weeks before you introduce them into your current flock. It would be really sad if they turned out to be sick and wiped out your current birds.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't put either of those breeds in with polish, or any other crested breed. They are both more....I don't want to use the word "aggressive" about the rocks...dominant anyway. I had a golden comet, and she literally ATE the wattles off a roosters face...

Even the calmer breeds I had attacked the poofs on my polish, and ultimately I had to rehome my polish.

Sorry, I'm not helpful...
hide.gif

Some people have no problems mixing polish with other breeds, but I would never do it again...if I wanted polish again, they would have their own seperate coop.

I would separate them for a few weeks for health reasons and to get a little bit more age on them, and then introduce the ladies. #3

Quote:
Well we hope they get along ok cause it is going to happen if things get bad we will deal with it then. Thank you for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom