Maggie's Broken Heart- ...I am soooo mad !!!!

Wow, I am so sorry sorry about that. The same thing happened to me. Someone called the cops and told them that if we didn't get rid of the rooster (which we did not intend to end up with) they were going to kill him! The cop would not tell us who is was, but did give us a citation for having a rooster. Why the hell didn't she give that person a citation for threatning to kill our animals?! So I know exactly what you are feeling. The reason we have laws is so that if something gets way out of hand, we can do something about it. Not to call the cops on every tiny thing. I don't why people don't try to communicate to come to a peacefull resolution. No one called us either, we were perfectly willing to find him a new home if he caused a problem. All they had to do is be nice about it. But now, if I ever find that person, they will be so sorry. Luckily we found a wonderful home for our boy. But we also had to give away two of our hens because we didn't want him to be alone
sad.png
I really hope your girl comes back. One of ours went missing a few weeks back, we looked EVERYWHERE. It ended up that she had been perfectly fine hiding way way way up in the 50 foot trees. But that night a possum got her. I felt so guilty, I wish I had stayed out there all night to keep a look out for predators because I had a strong feeling she was up there. So if you have any tall trees, skim them very well. She might be sulking because she lost her mate. That is so sweet how he protected her. I didn't know chickens did that sort of thing. Poor baby. I will say a prayer for her. Hopefully someone finds her and brings her back to you. You should copy this and send it to those idiots at city hall.
Fowl: A bird; A bird of the order Galliformes, including chickens, turkeys, pheasant, partridges and quail; Birds which are hunted or kept for food, including Galliformes and also waterfowl of the order Anseriformes such as ducks, geese and swans; To hunt fowl

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fowl

Last edited:
Seriously! There are so many sounds that send chills up my spine. It still boggles my mind why it is not illegal for dogs to live in citys if roosters can't. I don't believe they should be illegal, I love all animals, but if they are going to make such a fuss about chicken noises! I love the sound of crowing, there is just something about city people, they will put up with any unimaginable noise, except animals. If you have the energy and enough people, you should protest it. I would but I don't know of anyone that would help me
sad.png

I have an itch to buy like 50 full grown roos, and release them in my yard (4 acres) then tell the city they are wild :hmm...let them have fun chasing the roos around....or maybe i can find some endangered chicken species... then they cant even take them away!! HAH!! XD!!

Somewhere in our neighborhood somebody has a rooster! I get up at 5:30 in the morning and while I let my dogs out I sit and listen to it crow. I absolutley love it! I listen to the birds starting to sing and the squirrels fussing at each other and just as I take a nice sip of my coffee and try to enjoy the sounds some idiot drives down the road without a muffler and has his music turned up so he can hear it over the lack of the muffler :mad:. UHHHGGG! I think roosters make lovely noises!

I'm with you. I love the sound of the roo. in the morning crowing...it start's my day off great. And your right, the dog barking is MUCH more annoying than a roo. crowing but they allow that. Bef. I retired a few yrs ago from the Sheriff Dept., we received a restraining order against a rooster!!! Can you believe our courts would spend time on that?!!! A little 80 yr. old lady, who loved her chickens, and had been living in a rural area with 5 ac. or more ea. for many many yrs., then a city person moved in on the ac. next door and complained about the roo. crowing. Ordin. allowed her to have a roo. so they just filed a rest. order againt the rooster, then she could be cited/fined for violation of the order! Sucks doesn't it? She had to get rid of the roo.

Back
Top Bottom