MAGGOTS !!!

suburban farm girl

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
SF Bay Area
So a few weeks ago I read a thread (started by niftychick, I think) about finding a writhing mass of maggots in their compost heap, and subsequently letting their chickens feast on the things.

I checked my compost and also discovered a writhing mass!!! Since I am not comfortable yet in letting my chicks have free range of the back yard, I have begun scooping up the maggots into a bucket and delivering them to the run. They LOVE it. (And they are extremely healthy and growing like crazy!)

I was curious to know more about the maggots - what they were, how they got into my compost, etc. - and googled the topic. Disgusting information about fly larvae and the spread of disease left me feeling like I was not only providing an excellent nutritional boost for my chickens, but also contributing to the overall health of my community.

Anyhoo --- an interesting link came up in my google search, and I have a really strong suspicion that most of you are going to laugh as hard as I did:

http://www.maggotart.com/

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

First I was
hu.gif

Now I'm just
roll.png

I don't get it
idunno.gif

My opinion....a lot of 'Artistes' need to be
smack.gif

I like Art. I'm not anti-Art -- but REALLY -- what some people get away with calling Art.......
hmm.png

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
I totally agree.

This is obviously a program that is funded by someone
gig.gif

(Now you, too, can raise maggots for fun and profit)

And that they are tying this art project with science - life cycles - and stress that they use non-toxic paint with the maggots - because it would be a tragedy if a maggot died, right?

That's hilarious!!
lau.gif
I deal with maggots quite often in my job so this "art" would be right up my alley. I'd definitely buy it if the price was right!

Did you know maggots don't drown? trust me, I've tried.
gig.gif

yea i frogot the artist's name but he is definatly NOT a artist in my oppion and should prob be locked up. He found a stray dog chained it in a art museum and let it starve and called it art. The dog ended up dying, Ill have to look up his name.

ARE YOU KIDDING???? And that %*&^%!*@$ who did that to the dog was allowed to get away with it?
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

I would have put a bullet right through his skull and happily called the splatter left behind ART. I got some art for you bud......

Give me a break. Art. WHATEVER.
tongue.gif

I LOATHE animal abuse in any way shape or form. Period. End of story.
somad.gif
somad.gif

And now I'll step off my soap box before I give myself a heart attack.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom