Magnificence And Wings.

Is This Thread Overall Nicely Wrote?

• No, It Coud Use Some Tweaking. (Please Tell Why).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Angry Hen

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Dec 17, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Magnificent And Wings
A birding/discussion thread.

black-capped-chickadee.jpg

-A Black-Capped Chickadee.
Hello friends! So, I know that I have probably made another birding thread which may be somewhere around Backyard Chickens... But I wanted one a little more prepared to be hyper and more interesting than the last. Am I right? I'm not gonna let this one die down... Let's keep it active and forever moving! Thank you very much.

I made this thread dedicated to the many professional birders and folks that like it as a hobby. In hopes to have a field in Ornithology one day, I enjoy the magnificence of the bird.

Many folks look at birds as though they are a silly old item, just flying around the globe with no true meaning or integrity. When birds are really a creature that God has given to us for a reason... Joy, happiness and most of all, another look of life.

Let's see... You have my favorite, the White-Breasted Nuthatch. This bird comes in a couple varieties. I can only honestly say I've seen the white and red breasted. (Occasionally a Creeper).
But these birds, the Nuthatch family, can climb down a tree face-forward and catch a seed falling in midair. The Nuthatch will live in something called a cavity nest. A cavity nest is a nest that's tucked away, normally in the bark of a tree and in a literal [cavity] in the tree. Like the photo below:

upload_2018-1-22_16-20-44.png

-Simple Cavity Nest. (Bird Species Unknown).
Then we have the basic Cup nest that most Flycatcher's, Thrushes, Hummingbirds and Robins usually live upon. These may look simple, but to the average bird these are amazingly built structures and hard techniques went into them. Like the Cup nest in the following photo. This is abandoned, but had used to belong to a Ruby Throat-ed Hummingbird. This is zoomed into with a camera because a regular Humming bird does not have a nest this big. ;P

upload_2018-1-22_16-29-4.png

-Hummingbird nest.

There is also the Platform nest that mostly Crows, Hawks, Osprey, Owls and Great Blue Herons live upon that I know of. The point to the nest conversation is that next time you think of a bird as an item... Look at how these nests are built. Isn't it amazing how they are basically Contractors with wings? These creatures do not have opposable thumbs... But they can create their own world.

Join today here at Magnificence And Wings! I'd be glad for you to join and please invite your friends. Whether you consider yourself an Ornithologist or a birder, a bird watcher or a bird enthusiast, an ordinary person who takes an interest in birds... The sky is yours. Thank you for reading, have a great day and God bless. I will try and keep this updated as I get more photos and develop more likes of our feathered friends. ;) Stay tuned!

Sincerely,
-The Angry Hen (Kaitlyn or K).

P.S.

When I go on an expedition someday, I want to see the Wandering Albatross. Choose a bird that you've wanted to see and explain why you like them in particular. Another want-to-see is the Prothonotary Warbler or the Cerulean Warbler. What beautiful birds.

As you can see I made a poll about this thread. The reasons to why I asked those questions, is because I want to know in the future what folks enjoy reading and make each thread a more attractable enjoyment. Once voted, please explain in a comment why you voted once. Thank you.

So, I would like to suggest a book I've been reading that my Dad had gotten me this past Christmas. Stories About Birds And Bird Watchers by Mary Beacom Bowers. Separated articles from the well-known birders digest. I would highly suggest it to young or advanced birders, it is overall an enjoyable read that can show you the true beauty of birds. Once reading this, you will be more attracted than ever to the fact that birds are one of the amazing gifts from God. Wishing you a good read. https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-...bowers/stories-about-birds-and-bird-watchers/

So I am sure that each birder here owns a copy of a field guide in particular... What is your go-to birding bible? I lean towards this one. My Grandfather on my Father's side had owned a copy and it had been passed down to me. When I was younger than now I always went into the bookshelf and pulled it out, reading it and enjoying the beautiful illustrations. This book technically opened my mind to the beauty of birds. It started my hopes to be an Ornithologist and I continue to hope that dream will come true. https://www.amazon.com/Peterson-Field-Guide-America-Guides/dp/0618966145

Not sure if you are interested in this thread I've made, but I remember speaking to you about birds @Flufferes. Please consider joining, you have plenty knowledge about birds and I would appreciate you sharing some here! :D

Hello there K! I didn't even see this thread till now! I loved the way you put it, 'Birds are really a creature that God has given to us for a reason...'

I love birds of any kind, even the adorable kiwi I want as a pet one day. We have bald eagles here so I love observing them. There is something very majestic watching a bald eagle soar through the sky. It always makes me think of the verse from Psalms, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Each one of God's creation (big or small, ferocious or docile) represents His glory and wonder.

I don't think I'l get into ornithology in the future, but I would love to chat about birds with you. They are such fascinating creatures.:D

So I am sure that each birder here owns a copy of a field guide in particular... What is your go-to birding bible? I lean towards this one. My Grandfather on my Father's side had owned a copy and it had been passed down to me. When I was younger than now I always went into the bookshelf and pulled it out, reading it and enjoying the beautiful illustrations. This book technically opened my mind to the beauty of birds. It started my hopes to be an Ornithologist and I continue to hope that dream will come true. https://www.amazon.com/Peterson-Field-Guide-America-Guides/dp/0618966145
Peterson's too :D

Also I voted yes coz it is :plbb

Hello Meg! Thank you very much! I am glad that you responded to Magnificence and Wings, it's so great to have you! :)

Yes, Kiwi's are precious in their very own way! Amazing little birds. And indeed Eagles are very majestic! Gorgeous birds. I love seeing the sit on the ice in the river, or sitting up high on a branch. I always wanted to see them during mating season when they lock talons and soar towards the ground then break free. It's amazing to read about and they're amazing to see! I love that verse, it is beautiful and so true.

What a wonderful way of putting it! It's absolutely true and a wonderful sentence! :highfive:

You can be anything you want to be and if God thinks Ornithology is good for you, sometime in life it may come your way! I'd love to speak with you as well. They really are amazing creatures. :D

Peterson's too :D

Also I voted yes coz it is :plbb

Ow, yes, how could I forget! Peterson's is actually one of the first I ever read. :)

Thank you very much, Sam. :p

I saw a lovely bluebird yesterday! A sure sign spring is on its wayyyyy!!!!

That's wonderful!! I was in Washington, ME, the other day and I saw a few too!! I really do think Spring is coming. :D The Gold Finches are starting to molt brighter too!!

Back
Top Bottom