This is Cocoa. He was born in 2016. He is a Chocolate Pied Muscovy. Cocoa is a really great drake and absolutely adorable! He does more tail-wagging and hissing than all my other Muscovies. Cocoa even has his own special way of telling me he's hungry by walking right up to me and hissing a bunch. Sometimes he will nibble on my leg if he wants to eat, too! He is very friendly!View attachment 1725281

Cocoa is extremely handsome! :love

View attachment 1725431 View attachment 1725432 View attachment 1725433

Great thread! I have two Muscovy hens that are 10 months old. My husband adopted them as ducklings after my Rouen’s best buddy died, leaving her alone and inconsolable. The girls first introduction to Daphne went poorly as they chased her around the barn at top speed, trying to bite her with great enthusiasm. Hence, they became known as “The Goons”.

“Goon 1” is my white Muscovy. She is the calmer of the two, and she bonded more closely with Daphne than her sister did. “Goon 1” is horrible at flying and worse at landing. She prefers to walk places with Daphne. She also loves to bathe and get beautifully white and then lie in mud moments later. She has not yet started laying.

“Goon 2” is my black and white pied Muscovy hen. She is tiny and feisty. She never stops chatting about whatever is on her mind. She is very independent and she loves to take short flying trips, although she never leaves her friends for long. “Goon 2” just started laying about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago and is working on finishing her first dozen!

Both girls are very bonded to each other, although they went through a rough teenage period during which they wouldn’t stop biting each other or Daphne. Thankfully, that passed! Anyways, they are great little ducks!

What beautiful Muscovies you have! I used to have some that looked similar to yours. I know what you mean by ducks biting each other. During breeding season my hens will fight an bite each other lots. I think you picked some good names for your ducks. My Muscovies also love to fly. They usually take several flying trips in the morning right after I let them out. I really like seeing them fly!

Back
Top Bottom