This is Lilach. Lilach means lilac in Hebrew. She is a Lilac Muscovy just like her name says, and was born in 2016. Lilach is a sweet little duck. She has hatched 4 different batches of ducklings in the past couple of years and is a great mother!
Lilac Muscovette.jpg

This is Ora which is Claire in Hebrew. I named her after my middle name because I really like it. This is the same duck as the one pictured in my avatar. Sometimes her and Lilach go broody and hatch eggs together. You would think they would fight over it, but they actually do really well hatching eggs together. She was born in 2016 and is a Blue Fawn Muscovy. Ora is a good little barvaz (duck).
2016 replacement hen - Claira.jpg

Been super busy but we made it threw the winter!!! Here's a pic of 4 new ladies we add to our flock to give use 8 total. I sold off our other breeds and going straight scovys. One of our older ladies daph is currently sitting on her first clutch of eggs. So hopefully ducklings in a couple more weeks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_005656.jpg
    IMG_20190403_005656.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 27
Been super busy but we made it threw the winter!!! Here's a pic of 4 new ladies we add to our flock to give use 8 total. I sold off our other breeds and going straight scovys. One of our older ladies daph is currently sitting on her first clutch of eggs. So hopefully ducklings in a couple more weeks!!!

Beautiful Muscovies!! :love
Congrats on your broody Muscovy duck! That is so cool you are going to all Muscovies! :thumbsup I did the same thing about 5 years ago. You'll have to post some pics of the ducklings when they hatch! :jumpy
19512452_10213263497529751_392512342_n.jpg

What beautiful Muscovies you have! I used to have some that looked similar to yours. I know what you mean by ducks biting each other. During breeding season my hens will fight an bite each other lots. I think you picked some good names for your ducks. My Muscovies also love to fly. They usually take several flying trips in the morning right after I let them out. I really like seeing them fly!

Thank you! I love to see Goon 2 fly also. She clearly flies just for the joy of it as she always makes a big circle and ends up where she started. Because Daphne can’t fly and Goon 1 prefers not to, I feel more comfortable letting Goon 2 do her thing as she is bonded with the other two and wouldn’t leave them for long!

@Daphne_loves_mealworms Your girls are so pretty! Are they good buddies for your Roeun? I've heard that Muscovies & Mallard-derived ducks don't communicate well.

Thank you! They do actually get along very well. They understand Daphne’s quack, and she understands their trill. The ‘Scovies will sometimes ignore Daphne and do their own ‘Scovy thing, but will eventually regroup, especially if Daphne starts yelling at them loudly enough. Daphne is the flock leader, and Goon 2 is at the bottom of the pecking order, although she doesn’t care. Goon 1 and Daphne are especially bonded. I think they make a good example of a mixed mallard-derived and Muscovy flock getting along!

Last edited:
@Daphne_loves_mealworms
That white Muscovy hen of yours is the most beautiful pure white Muscovy I have ever seen!
Tell Goon 1 that I said she is very pretty!
Make sure you tell Goon 2 how pretty she is, too, we don't want her to feel left out!
:love:love:love:love:love:wee

Thank you! I will have to find a picture of her covered in mud, which is how she is a lot of the time! Or, she will poop and then sleep in it overnight :eek::barnie:sick. She spends half of her life looking elegant and the other half looking like a swamp thing! :lau

This is Ora which is Claire in Hebrew. I named her after my middle name because I really like it. This is the same duck as the one pictured in my avatar. Sometimes her and Lilach go broody and hatch eggs together. You would think they would fight over it, but they actually do really well hatching eggs together. She was born in 2016 and is a Blue Fawn Muscovy. Ora is a good little barvaz (duck). View attachment 1725550

Lilach and Ora are stunning! I love their coloring! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom