Pics
Pic of our lady Georgia sitting on her first clutch. She's got about half dozen so far under her. I got her sister out in shed on day 32ish sitting on 13.
IMG_20190422_140140.jpg

Pic of our lady Georgia sitting on her first clutch. She's got about half dozen so far under her. I got her sister out in shed on day 32ish sitting on 13.View attachment 1748720

Yeah! I am so happy for you! :clap Sounds like you'll have ducklings hatching really soon! It takes Muscovy eggs 33-37 days to hatch so they could just about hatch anytime now!

Have lots of fun with your new ducklings and happy Muscovy-ing! :wee

Hey guys! I was searching hatch times and this thread popped up, how haven't I seen it? Anyways, I currently have 5 adult muscovies, 4 hens and a drake, and today my first ever egg has hatched! I am yet to see duckling but have seen egg and heard it chirping happily away under mumma. How long should I expect the other 10 to hatch? She laid them all before sitting. When I candled 4 a week ago they all looked about same development but I'm new to candling.

Hey guys! I was searching hatch times and this thread popped up, how haven't I seen it? Anyways, I currently have 5 adult muscovies, 4 hens and a drake, and today my first ever egg has hatched! I am yet to see duckling but have seen egg and heard it chirping happily away under mumma. How long should I expect the other 10 to hatch? She laid them all before sitting. When I candled 4 a week ago they all looked about same development but I'm new to candling.

Hello Amy! So happy you have found this thread and we are glad you can finally be a part of it! :) Congrats on your first egg hatching!

I don't know how many days she has been sitting, but it could be quite awhile before all the eggs hatch, because Muscovies can hatch anywhere from 33-37 days of incubation.

Blessings to you and happy Muscovy-ing!
:wee

I don't know how many days she has been sitting, but it could be quite awhile before all the eggs hatch, because Muscovies can hatch anywhere from 33-37 days of incubation.
sorry I should have worded my question better, what I ment to ask was, do I count from the day egg is layed, or from the day she finished her laying and started sitting? I didn't mark it on calender unfortunately. Rooky mistake. But if from day they were laid then some would have deceased

Back
Top Bottom