Pics
*DUCKLING UPDATE* currently 4 babies. Daisy is looking to be a fantastic mother.

Attachments

• 20190425_140700.jpg
    20190425_140700.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 29
:celebrate yay ducklings!!! I ended up with 7 out of 11 little ducklings hatching. 4 of them have died, which I had many tell me would happen, particularly with a first time mumma. But the remaining 3 look to be 2 big drakes and one little hen. It also appears I haven't taken any ducky pics in awhile :confused: so stay tunes for those.

Attachments

• 20190517_061300.jpg
    20190517_061300.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 25
Hey y'all! I've got some good news! I should have ducklings in June! :clap I can hardly wait! Soo excited! :)

I have 16 duck eggs under 1 Muscovy hen and 12 duck eggs under another Muscovy hen.
They are supposed to hatch June 6th through 10th. It's kinda hard waiting for so long, but time flies fast. It will go faster than I think. :)

@Muscovy Wunda @Muscovy-palooza @Miss Lydia @HelplessHomeSteader @Daphne_loves_mealworms @PolarBerry @Skye'sDucks @autumn_g @Thejperez
How are all your Muscovies doing? :)

I can’t wait to see pictures of the new ducklings! My two ‘Scovies are doing very well, thank you. My tiny hen went broody halfway through laying her first clutch of eggs and hasn’t snapped out of it yet despite having an empty nest. I’ve been carrying her out 2-3 times a day to make sure she can enjoy at least a little bit of sunlight and the outside world (her nest is in the farthest and darkest corner of the barn). Maybe next year, I will find her some fertile eggs so that she can be a mother.

My white ‘Scovy hen is broody part time and then hangs out with Daphne and goes out on adventures the rest of the time. She and Daphne share a nest also, so they are pretty much inseparable. I will have to take new pictures this weekend!

View attachment 1732819

So I got 4 new females. One buff-white in the back, the white with black spots on head, and the 2 grey ones. I threw my existing 2 ladies in (black one and all white one). They’re locked up safe in a shed and I’ve even gotten eggs, lol!

I’m getting some lavender and blue and solid black/chocolate ducklings in about a month. Straight run ducklings but will pick the ones I like best and extra boys will get sold or to the butcher.
Just curious how you located a butcher? We would like to find one ourselves. We have checked with our local extension agent with no luck.

Back
Top Bottom