Pics
Wing of my duckling. 30 days old. Guesses on duck vs drake? I have nothing to compare it to. This is my one and only duckling. I hear feathers come in earlier on females, but again, I have nothing to compare it to. And I know it's early. Just a guess for fun?
Resized_20190620_195548_9129.jpg

Wing of my duckling. 30 days old. Guesses on duck vs drake? I have nothing to compare it to. This is my one and only duckling. I hear feathers come in earlier on females, but again, I have nothing to compare it to. And I know it's early. Just a guess for fun?
View attachment 1820473

I have never looked at the wings of ducklings to see what sex they were. I can tell chicks apart by their wing feathers if they are no older than 3 days, but I don't know about ducks. Sorry about that. :(
Can you post some pics of the whole duck, please? It will be easier to try and figure out if I can see a pic of the whole duck. :)

Here is Cocoa. Remember that drake I talked about in post #190? I was talking about how he keeps the other ducks in order and he's a good daddy to the ducklings. This is him - the Chocolate Pied drake. I absolutely love it when the drakes hiss and wag their tails, so much that I just had to take a video of it! You can also hear the broody hens "squeaking" in the video. I like that very much, also! I :love my Muscovies soo much!

Happy Muscovy-ing to y'all! :)

Here is some recent pics of my other duckies.
This is Yaniv, a Blue Fawn drake with some white bibbing.
IMG_20190616_170635.jpg

This is Chava, aka Chavatzelet.
IMG_20190616_170820.jpg

This is young Lilach. I have 2 ducks named Lilach. This is a pic of the younger one (born last year). She is currently sitting on 22 eggs with Zara (the two of them are sharing the same nest). They are supposed to hatch July 1st through 5th. Excited to have more ducklings coming! :)
IMG_20190616_170845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom